+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon can't Stand the iPhone

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
something is wrong with this CEO guy . Verizon Sucks. Like they didn't act like gazillion others yes we have iphone wanna b Phones. Verizon CEO: Suggestion of iPhone success
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Verizon can't Stand the iPhone
    something is wrong with this CEO guy .

Verizon Sucks. Like they didn't act like gazillion others yes we have iphone wanna b Phones.

Verizon CEO: Suggestion of iPhone success a ‘conspiracy’

In an interview with the Financial Times, Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg has referred to the press’ suggestion that Apple’s iPhone 3G handset will see widespread success a “conspiracy.” Seidenberg described Apple as a “great company,” while pointing out its currently small share of global handset sales, and scoffing at the suggestion that the iPhone 3G’s lower subsidized pricing will help it gain mass-market acceptance. “There goes the conspiracy again,” he said. “You’re declaring them a winner before they’ve earned it on the field.” He also said that Apple CEO Steve Jobs has no monopoly on innovation, while describing how advanced mobile handsets could cause problems for other companies’ business models. “It’s very cool. And Steve Jobs eventually will get old . . . I like our chances.” Verizon recently announced a deal to buy Alltel for $28.1 billion, a move that will make it the largest US mobile company with more than 80 million customers. Seidenberg’s comments follow an incident in which a radio DJ staged a smashing of his iPhone, only to receive a call from Sprint CEO Dan Hesse moments later, who said “that was music to my ears.” The DJ’s destruction of the iPhone allegedly was “bought” by Sprint to promote a competing phone

This really got on my last nerve - cus back in stone age i had verison they charged crazy amount for some out dated a** phones. Now when their iPhone Wanna be Failed trinasormanally (lol i just made that word hehe ) they r talking all the junk in the world..!

Story Here
    Last edited by jayc7176; 06-27-2008 at 10:29 PM. Reason: ...

Thanks

LOL!
    Just jealous they can't do anything right with their phones, the network is fine but the phones are just ew.

Thanks

So right Doerrfan .! i mean come on just accept it right

& that aparent verizon (better then iPhone) LG joint really didn't cut it either then they go talk all that stuff fregging Nucking Futs.

Thanks

Rather than making a decent phone to compete with apple they instead are taking the well wait till jobs is dead/retired route.

Thanks

Ive been loyal to AT&T and now am hooked on the iPhone, but pretty much any company not able to have the iPhone on their network will act like this. The only reason you dont hear anything from TMobile is because a simple unlock made by devs is allowing them to rake in the money along with AT&T...

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Verizon network + Sprint SERO prices + AT&T phones.

One can dream

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Verizon network + Sprint SERO prices + AT&T phones.

One can dream
    That would be hella sweet!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Atokadd's Avatar
    Thanks

Tmobile has good phones too. Expecially because the iphone is on tmobile now.
    Sidekick, iPhone, Blackberry, its all good
    >.<
    HAVE I HELPED YOU? Thank me!

Thanks

I wish the 3G would work with Tmobile
    EDM

iPhone? More like MyPhone Atokadd's Avatar
    Thanks

For Realz.
    >.<
    HAVE I HELPED YOU? Thank me!

Thanks

Isnt there a new law in Cali where you can use any phone on any carrier. Not sure if its all of Cali, but I remember a Representative brought the bill to congress...I wonder if that mean you could use and iPhone on Verizon haha

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

thats fine couse i hate verizon .. i went to see wanted last night they ran verizon commercials for 10 minutes , i wanted to shoot myself ,,,

Thanks

^^ Apple would have to make a CDMA variant of the iPhone to get it to work on verizon. Though Vodafone (verizons' parent) wants them to convert to GSM (from what I've read in the past).
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

iPhone? More like MyPhone bomiz96's Avatar
    Thanks

you know apples first pick to use the iphone was verizon

Thanks

haha, that's what is hilarious. Why would they choose the carrier that wants total control?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BarcaMagic View Post
    thats fine couse i hate verizon .. i went to see wanted last night they ran verizon commercials for 10 minutes , i wanted to shoot myself ,,,
    thas too funny
    i hate them too! after beeing with them for 4 yrs they kept of replacing my phone with some crazzy a** phone had million known issues and then had the nerver to tell me the only choice i had was to upgrade-- I was like excuse me .. the other choice i have is Cancel all the lines right now! then the guy found out 4 of our lines were out of contract and only one was under contract then they started to kiss a**. i think a company that really cares about the consumer doesn't act like this. I did hear that they were pretty bad in the past but one only knows when u deal with it first hand.

I went to T-Mobile & never been happier with a carrier. T-Mobile hands down has the bestest Customer care ....

Verizion can come out with Fregggin 6G all i care - i will never go to them -- Can you hear me now ...

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah i had them for one year ,never gave me my rebate back ..i canceled and went back to tmobile .they are the best if you ask me ..

I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO VERIZON ....

Thanks

I can hear you, quit asking meh..
    EDM

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    haha, that's what is hilarious. Why would they choose the carrier that wants total control?

Easy. Lots of subscribers= MONEY.

Thanks

Verizon seems to have a business model from the '80s. I don't see how they compete, unless it is solely by brand recognition.