Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Energy Saving Google

iPhone? More like MyPhone Shimizu1006's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Energy Saving Google
    blackle.com:

A version of Google that has a black interface to save energy:

"Blackle saves energy because the screen is predominantly black. "Image displayed is primarily a function of the user's color settings and desktop graphics, as well as the color and size of open application windows; a given monitor requires more power to display a white (or light) screen than a black (or dark) screen." Roberson et al, 2002

In January 2007 a blog post titled Black Google Would Save 750 Megawatt-hours a Year proposed the theory that a black version of the Google search engine would save a fair bit of energy due to the popularity of the search engine. Since then there has been skepticism about the significance of the energy savings that can be achieved and the cost in terms of readability of black web pages.

We believe that there is value in the concept because even if the energy savings are small, they all add up. Secondly we feel that seeing Blackle every time we load our web browser reminds us that we need to keep taking small steps to save energy."
    -blackle.com

http://www.blackle.com/

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Weird. I don't think it is Google sponsored, there's not a single mention of it on Google's sites except in some guys personal blog.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhone? More like MyPhone Shimizu1006's Avatar
    Thanks

no its not. just thought it was cool and even lazy computer bums can do their part. it just makes me feel like i'm actually doing good something when im sitting doing nothing.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i get a great big 404 error on that

There are around 18 different versions of black google online. The best one Ive found is Cleanblack - Cleaner Web Search. Cleanblack is the only version that allows you to change the text colors of the google search results. Try it yourself by going to Cleanblack - Theme