+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone and burton Audex jacket - can anyone help

is a discussion within the

Chit Chat

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
I have an issue, and need a few questions answered about the iphone and how it works as im sure there must be a work around some how. Basically I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone and burton Audex jacket - can anyone help
    I have an issue, and need a few questions answered about the iphone and how it works as im sure there must be a work around some how.

Basically I have a burton ipod jacket which connects to the ipod via the dock connector and allows you to control your ipod from your snowboard jacket. This worked fine with my previous ipod.

Basically since the Iphone is now OSX then it doesnt seem to work with it at all. So Im suspecting this is probably since it cant find or access the disk on the iphone like it would on a normal ipod. Also may be that ipod_controll folder that used to be on an old ipod doesnt exisit on an iphone.

So does anyone know how the iphone library is set up on the iphone, as im wondering if all i need to do is create the ipod_control directory to get it to work.

Any input or advice is appreciated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stealth1029's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, I had a radio transmitter which also went through the dock for my old iPod, and I never could get it to work through the iPhone. It probably has something to do with the 30-pin connector having the sound part being transmitted through a different pin than before on the iPod, but I may be way off. It could also be a software issue too, but I have no idea.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Audex and Iphone ARE compatible
    All you need to do is make sure the iPhone (or ipod touch) is running the ipod (or music) program BEFORE you turn on the jacket and it will work just fine. as for the radio transmitor make sure the ipod program is running before you plug it in and it should probably work for you.

P.S. I'm using a 2008 audex download jacket(though they should all have the same internals) and an ipod touch 1st gen with FW 2.2. But I have tested with the iPhone 3G and it works just the same.