+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Celeste & IOS 5

is a discussion within the

Celeste

forums, a part of the

CocoaNuts Support

section;
You have to follow post 6 above to create your own Celeste.deb file. If you don't want to do that, then have a Google for it with "co.cocoanuts.gremlin2 (>= 2.1)"
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You have to follow post 6 above to create your own Celeste.deb file. If you don't want to do that, then have a Google for it with
    "co.cocoanuts.gremlin2 (>= 2.1)"
    or read post 21
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 01-31-2012 at 09:37 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    You have to follow post 6 above to create your own Celeste.deb file. If you don't want to do that, then have a Google for it with
    "co.cocoanuts.gremlin2 (>= 2.1)"
    or read post 21
    Dave, I've purchased Celeste, installed the original deb of 1.1-1 without Gremlin, but I'm always getting a message about failed activation due to network error. What can I do?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ptuchik View Post
    Dave, I've purchased Celeste, installed the original deb of 1.1-1 without Gremlin, but I'm always getting a message about failed activation due to network error. What can I do?
    I had purchased Celeste while I was using iOS 4. After switching to iOS 5, I didn't install Celeste. Then, I found a way to install Celeste without Gremlin (the same thing which is told here from another source). Anyway, it had been working for 2 weeks until today.

Today, I restored my device and installed Celeste. It keeps giving "failed activation" error. I think their servers are down.

Thanks

It does sound a bit like the Celeste servers are down or are now checking to see if you are on iOS5 first before authenticating!?
    No way to prove it other than going back to iOS4.3.
    If this is the case then Cocoanuts will be forcing their customers to use cracked versions.
    Lets hope it is the Celeste servers and they will be back up soon.

Found this in an old forum post by Wolv3r1n3
    Simple solution:
    Turn on Celeste and Bluetooth from SBSettings and respring. Celeste will still fail to activate. Just ignore it. Send a dummy photo to someone and it will try to active again. This time it will active itself perfectly!

Worth a go

Update, keep on trying to activate, someone else with the same problem has just emailed me to say that their Celeste has just activated all by itself.
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 02-01-2012 at 01:45 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    It does sound a bit like the Celeste servers are down or are now checking to see if you are on iOS5 first before authenticating!?
    No way to prove it other than going back to iOS4.3.
    If this is the case then Cocoanuts will be forcing their customers to use cracked versions.
    Lets hope it is the Celeste servers and they will be back up soon.

Found this in an old forum post by Wolv3r1n3
    Simple solution:
    Turn on Celeste and Bluetooth from SBSettings and respring. Celeste will still fail to activate. Just ignore it. Send a dummy photo to someone and it will try to active again. This time it will active itself perfectly!

Worth a go

Update, keep on trying to activate, someone else with the same problem has just emailed me to say that their Celeste has just activated all by itself.
    Thanks for your efforts Actually I have already seen that before. Didn't work for me sadly Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

EDIT:

It seems Celeste's servers were down. Went ahead to my iPhone and hit Celeste on SBSettings and magically it worked! Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

To all those, who is using Celeste, do you have the problem sending files larger than 2MB? I'm trying to send, and it's hanging on 2.4-3.6%.
    Has anyone else this problem?

Thanks

This works for me if the file transfer stops after a few %
    Power off and back on again (not a reboot or respring) I suspect it resets the modem hardware as a respring does not cure this
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 02-02-2012 at 01:42 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DC_Dave For This Useful Post:

Ptuchik (02-02-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dave, you're GENIUS, this works for me like a CHARM. Thank you. How often do you have this problem?

Thanks

Not that often, not really studied a pattern to it.
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 02-03-2012 at 02:04 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yep, Celeste is working for me now, both transfer and receive Thanks to DC_Dave for all tips and Keenpois0n for .deb's !! (4S on 5.01 with Absinthe)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well guys , just to add to this I had an email from Matthias Ringwald today:

Hi J**le

Sorry for the lack of information. We started to work on Celeste on iOS 5 after Absinth came out (I know use an i4S with 5.0.1) and fixed the "Send" integration for those apps where it got broken. We plan to release a beta version for iOS 5 for existing users when at least send and receive works stable - but defer the file import for later.

best
    matthias

On 02.02.2012, at 19:37, Ja**e T**g**nd wrote:

Dear Matthias, could you please let me know what the status is on Celeste for iOS5 ?? No one from Cocoanutapps are available for comments ; no email or contact details ?!?!?

Ja**e T**g**nd

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

^that seems like great news. (& ppl who are waiting on my sending them the debs, hopefully you'll get them by the end of the day).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to keenpois0n For This Useful Post:

LarryL (02-07-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

keenpois0n: can you PM me deb as well, please ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keenpois0n View Post
    any body wanting the celeste.deb without gremlin as a dependency, pm me your email and I can send it it to
    you. same goes for Yourtube. for it to work, you'll need to have purchased a lisence
    Hi I purchased celeste 1.1.1 and then upgraded to 5.0.1 and now can't install it anymore because of gremlin2 could you help me by telling me how to install without gremlin2 and send me any files I need to get celeste working again thanks in advance

Thanks

pm me your email

18. The Following User Says Thank You to keenpois0n For This Useful Post:

danielahm (02-09-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

For those who have purchased Celeste in the past there is no more need to install through a deb file ...
    Just install updated beta Celeste package for iOS 5 from Cydia (i.e. Celeste, Gremlin2 & BTStack)
    Don't forget to power off then reboot after installation (as stated above by DC_Dave) then run.
    Finally, pls consider this is a beta version therefore may be you'll discover some bugs but at least this is a big step fwd !! Good Luck ....

Thanks

EVERYONE: instead of pm'ing me for the deb, get the Celeste beta for ios 5 from apt.cocoanuts.co

maz
    Thanks

Does this new Celeste beta works for iPhone 4S as well?

Works on iPhone 4S as well?
    //Hack´z

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD