+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Celeste bluetooth not working?

is a discussion within the

Celeste

forums, a part of the

CocoaNuts Support

section;
The app finds other divices, but not connect or send or recive? help.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Celeste bluetooth not working?
    The app finds other divices, but not connect or send or recive? help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i've got the same problem

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Installed Celeste via Cydia on JB iPhone4 iOS 4.3.2, rebooted, activated Celeste, resprung. BtStack showing in use rather than IOS stack. Bluetooth icon showing in bar. Could pair fine before install. After install I can't even pair the phone with my Toyota Tundra nav. The nav reports failed connection attempt when trying to pair. Uninstalled Celeste for now until they get it working. Will request PayPal refund.

If anyone has suggestions on a step I may have missed please chime in. I can't give up hands-free mobilephone while waiting for a method to transfer iPhone contacts to my nav.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

To pair audio with your nav or Bluetooth headset/speakers, you need to select iOS Bluetooth from BTstack settings.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    My BTstack settings only has a checkmark for NONE, iOS, and BtStack. There is no ability to pair within the BTstack settings screen.

If I misunderstood you to mean, set the BTstack to iOS, I tried that. Anytime I activate Celeste via SBsettings it puts a BTstack checkbox next to BTstack and iOS won't remain checked. When Celeste is disabled the BTstack checkmark changes to NONE.
    Last edited by MarkN62; 01-04-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

BtStack is used to perform Celeste-related things, that mean transfer stuff from/to the phone. SBSettings Celeste toggle does trigger that Bluetooth mode, while the Bluetooth toggle does trigger iOS's Bluetooth. iOS mode is the usual built-in Bluetooth mode, the one that comes in your iPhone as Apple intended it. That's for use with bluetooth headsets and everything Apple was so kind (...) to allow you to use. None ofc is just Bluetooth turned off.
    There is no pair command anywhere in Celeste settings...the pairing process should start automatically when you try to transfer a file to a device which wasn't paired yet. Celeste isn't meant to be used with satnavs, headsets and similar stuff, just don't expect to be able to pair these devices with Celeste turned on.

The latest Celeste versions have a good protection system against piracy...as far as I know there are no popups telling you to obtain a legit copy, things just don't work (devices detected but no transfers and so on).
    Last edited by Fafner; 01-05-2012 at 05:14 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks Fafner for the detailed info. I'm curious why you say Celeste isn't meant to be used with nav's? iPhone works with hands free portion of nav head unit via bluetooth. I can dial from the nav keyboard, initiate and cease calls, pipe phone audio through stereo portion of nav unit. I'm simply trying to transfer contacts to the nav. Neither hands-free or contacts has anything to do with the navigation function.

What I observe is a bit different than you describe. Using Celeste and BTstack, when I share a contact then select the "Bluetooth" button a discovery window pops up and spins but never sees my nav bluetooth. Why can iOS bluetooth see my nav but BTstack can't?

Alternately, I can have Celeste enabled, then press a manual connect on my nav which invokes a window to popup on my iPhone asking for a passkey. The popup defaults to 0000 so I clear this and type in my passkey then my nav reports a failed connection and Celeste disables itself. So it would appear even the BTstack is not compatible (able to pair) with a nav having Object Push Protocol capabilities.

Understand that while using the iOS stack, both sides of the connection are already paired and setup for auto connection so as soon as I step inside the vehicle my iPhone pairs with the nav without any intervention. So from my perspective, Celeste still needs work. I could understand if Celeste couldn't push an object because BTstack has a different flavor of OBEX than my Tundra Nav, but it should at least be able to pair. Can't even get that far.

What gives...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well, I guess that it really depends from the protocol you nav is using, maybe it's relying on one Celeste doesn't take into consideration. I wouldn't take for granted that Celeste can use all the protocols the default iOS implementation uses, I'm not completely sure but I think that BtStack is a completely new driver and not just something which "unlocks" Apple's one. Never tried to transfer contacts to something different from a mobile phone, thus can't tell.
    My experiences with Celeste have been the following ones:
    -Transfer files from/to phone from/to other phones or from/to some WindowsXP/7 based PCs (that means contacts, images, music and whatever else)
    -Print images sending photos from the iPhone to an HP AllInOne Bluetooth enabled printer
    Last edited by Fafner; 01-05-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Thanks

I don't know if you have a different version of software you can download to your sat nav to try, but I had problems sending files to my laptop with Celeste which were cured when I downgraded the laptops Bluetooth drivers from version 3.0 to 2.1+EDR

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The nav is using OPP from all I've read. Since I can pair using the iOS stack I see no reason to look for a Tundra bluetooth upgrade. I looked extensively last month and I only found an upgrade for the nav mapping which currently is the latest available.

Since I can't pair using BTstack I think my focus should first be on this modified stack rather than Celeste. Should I be able to run BTstack without Celeste to see if basic functions work like pairing, hands-free operation, etc? BTstack isn't showing as an Cydia installed package so it must come bundled with Celeste. Is there a BTstack upgrade or alternative from another source that can be installed separately that would still launch by Celeste as designed? I'm about out of ideas to try.

I'll try contacting the author of BTstack for suggestions.
    Last edited by MarkN62; 01-05-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Thanks

In Cydia, click on simple/expert button and you should have
    BTstack 0.4-1572
    Celeste 1.1-1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks Dave...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i installed celeste from cydia-- bt stack and action menu
    now when i am trying to turn on the receving button in celeste menu it turn on but when i go back come again to check the reciving button is turned off
    and when i tried to send picture to sony vaio the discovery dialog box showed no device and my sony vaio is also not discovering my iphone,
    please telle me step by step guide how to use i am total newbie in this
    Last edited by vediic; 02-26-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Thanks

Hi, what version Celeste and iOS?
    1) you must have the green I have purchased tick on the Celeste Page in Cydia
    2) you must have seen the Thanks for Purchasing message when first trying to send
    3) you must have the tick on BT stack setting
    4) to receive, you must have a tick on the Celeste receive settings
    5) if stuck, power iPhone off and back on to reset Bluetooth modem

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Post Wheres the beef!!
    Ive paid for and downloaded the celeste and it shows that my iphone 3G, ver 4.2.1 is getting the contacts Im sending it with my samsung phone but they dont show up in the contacts on my iphone! What the hell is up with that. It says its suppose to put items in the proper place when you send them!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by centurymix View Post
    Ive paid for and downloaded the celeste and it shows that my iphone 3G, ver 4.2.1 is getting the contacts Im sending it with my samsung phone but they dont show up in the contacts on my iphone! What the hell is up with that. It says its suppose to put items in the proper place when you send them!
    Email the developer.. That would be your best option for a satisfactory answer.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Tried
    I thought of that already! No Reply!!!! From the developer and Coconuts! They just want your money I guess for non working apps!!

Thanks

I thought of that already! No Reply!!!! From the developer and Coconuts! They just want your money I guess for non working apps!!
    What type of Samsung do you have & is it just the contacts you need copying across? Might have a plan batman

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Any help would be Nice!
    Ive tried it with a samsung r355c and a nokia e74, no contacts sent to the iphone show up even tho they show received. I can send contacts out of the iphone to either of the other two phones and Bingo they are in the contacts folder! Im guessing the contact Grimlins eat them as they show the file is received! they have to be on the phone somewhere?

Thanks

Ive tried it with a samsung r355c and a nokia e74, no contacts sent to the iphone show up even tho they show received. I can send contacts out of the iphone to either of the other two phones and Bingo they are in the contacts folder! Im guessing the contact Grimlins eat them as they show the file is received! they have to be on the phone somewhere?
    Ok, and it's contacts you need? Use phonecopy... You can set it up on the Nokia (it's Symbian compatible), create an account & upload them... Then on the iPhone install phonecopy from the app store & sync from what you uploaded from the Nokia... Best of all... All free