+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Update for Celeste

is a discussion within the

Celeste

forums, a part of the

CocoaNuts Support

section;
I have a number of JB Apps/tweaks ; Springtomize, SBsettings, SDM, Lockinfo + + + And of course Celeste, when Celeste works it's great - it is however chok full
    Green Apple
    Thanks

I have a number of JB Apps/tweaks ; Springtomize, SBsettings, SDM, Lockinfo + + +
    And of course Celeste, when Celeste works it's great - it is however chok full of bugs and anomalies. Celeste's biggest problem is customer services an refusal to communicate with FULL PAYING CUSTOMERS !! It's incredibly arrogant to believe that the users of Celeste are going to take this lying down. Example ; Lockinfo - David Ashman pushes fixes & updates on a WEEKLY basis, he has answered EVERY query/email I've had with the product !! Now that is the right attitude, which is why he has very few pissed of customers; Cocoanutapps & Mr Ringwald needs to revise their attitude to their customers, NOW !!

Totally agree with this post, I presume I am right in that MMi is charging for hosting the Celeste App + + + ?? Which means you are as an organisation RESPONSIBLE for the correct Advertising and Selling of the products on YOUR repo !!

Quote Originally Posted by jpmarch View Post
    +++ For the Attention of Kyle Matthews MMi Owner in charge of the repo +++

" It's Just Time to Stop the Hemorragy ..... "

Let me say first that I'm one among the supporters of the Celeste app presented in yr repo. 2 months ago, the same day of its release, I purchased it since, according to advertisement, the principle of iOS integration as well as the universal compliance with any OBEX BT device sounded great to my use ...
    Quickly, as stated by much people in this forum, I realized that this tweak was suffering of a lot of bugs & unstability. Frustration but not to much, noting (my fault !) that the dev's were preparing an update to solve the issues as announced "soon ... soon ..." on various Twitters mess. from Cocoanuts ...
    Now, two months later, everything fall down, moreover any communication link with Celeste dev's is over more than a month ago. Yourselves have been unable to restore a dialog w/ them. So, it comes obvious for everyone that Cocoanuts are no more working on Celeste then no update will never be released, no chance at all !
    While I fully understand yr commercial interest for continuying hosting & presenting Celeste app such as the 1st day, this is small compared to yr MMi reputation of "serious & professionalism" largely impacted by such a sad story ... On the other hand, some people are now so exasperated that they're prepared to launch complains an legal investigation against the sellers as you're aware, may be hopefully !
    Therefore, may I suggest you, either (preferably) to discontinue hosting Celeste in yr repo (until an update or equivalent tweak raises up), or at least put the necessary reserves stating e.g. Celeste not 100% working, no support, no update planned, etc ...
    Hope to have convinced you to do something urgently in such a way.

Rgds
    Last edited by JarJarTee; 06-13-2011 at 12:35 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Although Cocoanuts do not reply to it's customers they have setup this forum and i would imagine they do read what their customers are saying. Mr Ringwald has his own BTStack website on which you will find he does post comments and occasionally reply to emails. At least Mr Ringwald puts his own name to his own work, while on Cydia Celeste, YourTube and Gremlin has it's author as Cocoanuts. I can understand not wanting loads of spam or hundreds of emails (hence the forum) but weekly updates posted here wouldn't be too taxing to accomplish and would go along way in keeping customers happy, even Apple manage to add the odd comment on their forums. I emailed Dustin Howett who wrote the excellent Safari Download Manager, and although on his twitter he says he had nothing to do with Celeste, I did say that as your product is on the Cocoanuts website, and you had help from Youssef Francis who wrote Gremlin, maybe you could contact them for us and ask them for any updates on Celeste. I also emailed Youssef Francis and will update this forum should I get any replies. We all agree that the Cocoanuts products are all excellent tweaks, and I for one use the working ones every day. But I would also greatly like to be able to use YourTube and Celeste too.
    Thread 98 suggests they are nearly ready with the fix. I will wait and look forward to it.

Thanks

Wow 
    The new update works well, I have bluetoothed photos from my iPhone4 4.3.3 to my Polaroid Pogo and received photos and music fine from a Samsung phone. Also using iFile and myMusic, I have sent iTunes music over bluetooth to my Samsung, thanks for the update Mr Ringwald
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 06-13-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Celeste update out now in Cydia, wooohoo, go get it !!!!

This is great, transferring files at blazing speeds - and yes ANY file between my MacBook and iPhone
    Last edited by JarJarTee; 06-14-2011 at 12:51 AM.

Thanks

Thanks

Nice
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Green Apple
    Thanks

I really struggle to understand Cocoanuts's attitude on this (was the same witht he 4.3.x update). They could temporarily disable some nice but ultimately not strictly needed things and release a temporary update to allow users at least to do what this app is all about (transferring files), and instead of this...we are forced to find out tricks by ourselves. It's nice that workarounds work, but...come on!

Green Apple
    Thanks

As already mentioned in this post cocoanutapps attitude to their paying customers stinks to high heaven !! They're arrogant and ignorant in thinking that in NOT communicating all he bad press will go away by itself. They do not respond to emails or tweets (as we know) , they do not keep customers in the loop in any way. Compare this to serious developers of tweaks such as Lockinfo or Springtomize where updates are posted continuously AND THEY KEEP THEIR CUSTOMERS UP TO DATE !! I presume no-one from cocoanutapps will read or reply to these post in what is designated as the official support forum !!!?

Thanks

We had this lack of communication the last two times updates were required. At the same time, though, we do have to be thankful that the programmers out there are willing to spend time in making the tweaks we hanker for.
    BT Stack is updated by fairly regularly by Matthias Ringwald who has his own websites and other bluetooth projects and is the only person linked to Celeste I have ever had a reply from. The level and complexity of Celeste integrating with the iOS means that every iOS upgrade will lead to delays and I have always been of the opinion that a stand alone, self contained App, although not as slick, would lead to quicker updates. An example of which is iFile which is updated regularly and has both Celeste and iOS bluetooth file transfer options in it. Gremlin seems to be the sticking point. With every iOS update, Apple seems to alter the way they handle the iPod music library database. This causes headaches for the programmers and as a result, PwnTunes has only recently been made compatible with iOS5. I am sure Gremlin will follow, but the lack of feedback is frustrating. I wonder if the authors of other existing iPod import tweaks like Gremlin, iFile, PwnTunes iPod Memos and MewSeek could team up and sort this out? The Author of Gremlin is not clear, however if you look at Gremlin in Cydia it points to Cocoanuts, however looking at the link pointing to the developers other packages, it points to Youssef Francis as the Author and Dustin Howett as the maintainer (I don't know how correct this is)
    In fact out of the other Cococanuts Apps... Mark Read, Safari Download Manager, Attachment Saver and YourTube, only Attachment Saver works on iOS5. However Dustin Howett, *the author of Safari Download Msnager did tweet last November that *it would be updated soon. I also believe that Dustin Howett is part of the Chronic Dev Team who are understandably very busy at the moment on the A5 iDevice untethered jailbreak... which we all wish them good luck with.
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 01-18-2012 at 03:59 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no offense, but how far does that help us now?
    well and good as all this can be complicated, but that's no reason for such a long wait times. especially since it is not the first time ...
    Last edited by steppke; 01-18-2012 at 10:36 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this can not well be serious ...!? I do not want a "celeste Self Construction Kit", but full support!

Thanks

Sorry, but this is a user only forum, if you want to contact the authors, you would have to email Celeste or BTStack or Gremlin2 via the Cydia links or twitter or their websites

+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456