Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Update for Celeste

++++ THIS MESSAGE TO BROOMHEAD & SIMON AS MODERATORS IN THIS FORUM ! ++++

As mentioned in various posts in this thread, people are still awaiting for news & Celeste update from Cocoanut's dev's ....
    You're aware that this app stays in a very particular situation since there is no direct support, except remarks and bugs listed in this forum.
    Moreover there isn't link with Cocoanut people since early April days ...
    Therefore, as stated in various posts, it must be pointed out that you have a key role through ModMyi owners in order to provide everyone with the latest news and expected date for Celeste update release since you're selling this tweak on yr repo !

Having said that, HOW IS THE SITUATION BY NOW ???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jpmarch View Post

As mentioned in various posts in this thread, people are still awaiting for news & Celeste update from Cocoanut's dev's ....
    You're aware that this app stays in a very particular situation since there is no direct support, except remarks and bugs listed in this forum.
    Therefore, as stated in various posts, it must be pointed out that you have a key role through ModMyi owners in order to provide everyone with the latest news and expected date for Celeste update release since you're selling this tweak on yr repo !

If we (the moderation staff) could fix these bugs in Celeste, rest assured, we would have. Unfortunately, we've had about as much luck contacting the developers ourselves as you have. Just because our repository hosts the software, doesn't mean we can wave our magic wands and have it all fixed.

In short, we're working on it, hang in there. When we learn about the timeline of getting these bugs fixed, we'll let you know, assuming the developers don't do so themselves. Okay?

Quote Originally Posted by orbyorb View Post
    If we (the moderation staff) could fix these bugs in Celeste, rest assured, we would have. Unfortunately, we've had about as much luck contacting the developers ourselves as you have. Just because our repository hosts the software, doesn't mean we can wave our magic wands and have it all fixed.

In short, we're working on it, hang in there. When we learn about the timeline of getting these bugs fixed, we'll let you know, assuming the developers don't do so themselves. Okay?
    Thks for yr reply.
    It seems that you haven't well understood my post. Obviously my purpose wasn't for asking you to substitute to the responsability of the Celeste dev's. Don't be confused for that ...
    On the other hand,as you recognize at least, I'm sorry to learn that yr attempt contacting Cocoanut people remains unsuccessful up to now ! That's a big open concern...
    In the present matter of facts and in the meantime, how ModMyi can continue to host an app which isn't 100% working with absolutely no assurance of an update release in near future !???
    That looks to me as an unresponsable and non professional behaviour on a commercial point of view.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,499 Times in 7,089 Posts

As I have said before, we moderate the forums. We have NOTHING to do with the repo. I did as much as I could before by alerting the owners to this thread and then they tried to contact the celeste dev. Calling us out will get you nowhere with this as we have as much knowledge and say over it as you do. It is not my or any other moderators job to keep people updated with the comings and goings of what is happening with the repo, mainly because we have no idea. We moderate the forum, not the repo.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    As I have said before, we moderate the forums. We have NOTHING to do with the repo. I did as much as I could before by alerting the owners to this thread and then they tried to contact the celeste dev. Calling us out will get you nowhere with this as we have as much knowledge and say over it as you do. It is not my or any other moderators job to keep people updated with the comings and goings of what is happening with the repo, mainly because we have no idea. We moderate the forum, not the repo.
    For me the situation is quite clear.
    1/As moderator you cannot ignore that Celeste is an app presented as the worst case in yr repo i.e. not satisfactorily working, no support and finally no news from the dev's regarding a mandatory update !
    2/You said that you alerted ModMyi owners but nothing happens ...
    3/I well understood that continue hosting such app on yr repo is the responsability of yr owners, not yours. True ?

Then, pls pass this message to the ModMyi owners in a view to take at least the right decision regarding the content of yr repo concerning Celeste !

In short, it's a simple question of HONESTY towards customers who could buy this app in full confidence as per its actual description in yr repo ....

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Do you know who runs the repo
    http://apt.modmyi.com then?
    Cocoanuts should maybe read the rules about incorrect advertising

Advertising and Marketing on the Internet: Rules of the Road | BCP Business Center

I would imagine that if you sell a product that does not work correctly at the moment, then you should put a disclaimer to that effect at your point of sale. This would then cover yourselves against complaints as customers would know what they are getting before purchasing it. I myself would like to see all Apps list which iOS they work with as I have bought a few which do not work with iOS4.3 and have crashed my iPhone in the process.
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 05-23-2011 at 10:31 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,499 Times in 7,089 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    Do you know who runs the repo
    http://apt.modmyi.com then?
    Cocoanuts should maybe read the rules about incorrect advertising

Advertising and Marketing on the Internet: Rules of the Road | BCP Business Center

I would imagine that if you sell a product that does not work correctly at the moment, then you should put a disclaimer to that effect at your point of sale. This would then cover yourselves against complaints as customers would know what they are getting before purchasing it. I myself would like to see all Apps list which iOS they work with as I have bought a few which do not work with iOS4.3 and have crashed my iPhone in the process.
    Kyle Matthews (One of the MMi owners) is in charge of the repo.

+++ For the Attention of Kyle Matthews MMi Owner in charge of the repo +++

" It's Just Time to Stop the Hemorragy ..... "

Let me say first that I'm one among the supporters of the Celeste app presented in yr repo. 2 months ago, the same day of its release, I purchased it since, according to advertisement, the principle of iOS integration as well as the universal compliance with any OBEX BT device sounded great to my use ...
    Quickly, as stated by much people in this forum, I realized that this tweak was suffering of a lot of bugs & unstability. Frustration but not to much, noting (my fault !) that the dev's were preparing an update to solve the issues as announced "soon ... soon ..." on various Twitters mess. from Cocoanuts ...
    Now, two months later, everything fall down, moreover any communication link with Celeste dev's is over more than a month ago. Yourselves have been unable to restore a dialog w/ them. So, it comes obvious for everyone that Cocoanuts are no more working on Celeste then no update will never be released, no chance at all !
    While I fully understand yr commercial interest for continuying hosting & presenting Celeste app such as the 1st day, this is small compared to yr MMi reputation of "serious & professionalism" largely impacted by such a sad story ... On the other hand, some people are now so exasperated that they're prepared to launch complains an legal investigation against the sellers as you're aware, may be hopefully !
    Therefore, may I suggest you, either (preferably) to discontinue hosting Celeste in yr repo (until an update or equivalent tweak raises up), or at least put the necessary reserves stating e.g. Celeste not 100% working, no support, no update planned, etc ...
    Hope to have convinced you to do something urgently in such a way.

Rgds

Thanks

Mr Ringwald's quote on 2nd May
    "Celeste was released on March 24 and I really hope get the update out before it gets 2 months"
    I think that's tomorrow 

Mr Ringwald's quote on 2nd May
    "Celeste was released on March 24 and I really hope get the update out before it gets 2 months"
    I think that's tomorrow 
    True ! However on my knowledge, Mr Ringwald is involved w/ BtStack NOT w/Celeste & Cocoanuts !
    Would it be sufficient ? That's the big question ...
    On my opinion this will improve the lack of communication w/ some devices while not resolving Celeste interface & unstability issues ... wait & see ... I hope
    Anyway, whatever happens, this will not substitute the Cocoanuts responsability in this affair !

Default when the update coming for celeste? NOT ACTION MENU
    when it the update 1.0 (RC) coming out for celeste? the dev has been dead since 9th apr after saying the update will be out soon. its been two months almost. Also an action menu update isn't a celeste update and it isnt made by teh dev of celeste.

karl

Quote Originally Posted by karl1221 View Post
    when it the update 1.0 (RC) coming out for celeste? the dev has been dead since 9th apr after saying the update will be out soon. its been two months almost. Also an action menu update isn't a celeste update and it isnt made by teh dev of celeste.

karl
    Frankly yr question is one of the most interesting, but I'm afraid, nobody knows the answer at the present time !
    Meanwhile, for yr info, see post #89 above & support it if you wish ....

Frankly yr question is one of the most interesting, but I'm afraid, nobody knows the answer at the present time !
    Meanwhile, for yr info, see post #89 above & support it if you wish ....
    why is my question interesting? lol its odvious the dev has ran off the money

Quote Originally Posted by karl1221 View Post
    why is my question interesting? lol its odvious the dev has ran off the money
    Just because yr question is related to the main problem and has been put hundred times and more in this forum in the past 2 months ! Don't be confused !
    Since, as you said, the Cocoanuts dev's are most probably gone, the question now has turned to ModMyi people awaiting a reply from them ....
    For that pls refer to post #89. Did you read & support it ??

Thanks

Made me laugh
    Mr Ringwald is spending his time on a tweak called
    I'm Busy SMS
    Hope he is busy on something else too 

Made me laugh
    Mr Ringwald is spending his time on a tweak called
    I'm Busy SMS
    Hope he is busy on something else too 

I wouldn't count on it. Mr. Ringwald has proven not to be different from Cocoacrap. Promises, then absolute silence...and even better, he releases other stuff in the meantime? These thieves can be happy that Cydia doesn't have any rating system...

Thanks

I had an interesting reply from Mr Ringwald today, sounds promising, can't wait 

I'm sorry that the Celeste update takes so long. The Celeste update is ready, I've been working on Gremlin lately, the part that imports media into the various iOS apps. Hope to relies soon (ASAP when it's finished).

BTstack Support

This is complete ********. Everytime they wake up after weeks and weeks of complete lack of information they add one more thing to the "still to do" list and then completely disappear for more weeks. What will be next (I would estimate around end of July)? Porting to Action Menu 1.2.2? I don't trust these thieves anymore...
    Last edited by Fafner; 06-10-2011 at 05:59 AM.

Thanks

Mr Ringwald's comments on iOS5

Comment by project member matthias.ringwald, Yesterday (17 hours ago)
    @marc. So far, only the update to iOS 4 required changes to the low level platform support of BTstack, let's hope that iOS 5 doesn't require extra work. I didn't had a look at iOS 5 yet, but will give it a first check once I have a free device around to update.

Looks like we are getting close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast