Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Update for Celeste

Developers are not replying to inquiries, Modmyi should remove any reference to their products from forums and most of all from the Repository till they get how honest commerce should work.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,541 Times in 7,105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fafner View Post
    Developers are not replying to inquiries, Modmyi should remove any reference to their products from forums and most of all from the Repository till they get how honest commerce should work.
    That isnt really something we as moderators have a say over. I will bring it up in staff section though to see what the owners of MMi say.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    That isnt really something we as moderators have a say over. I will bring it up in staff section though to see what the owners of MMi say.

Cheers

so to cut a long story short, theres never guner be an update and the developers are just liars? that have taken our money?

Broomhead isnt the one selling it. Forum rules state piracy is a not allowed so anybody posting warez will have it removed. Any problems with the app should be taken up with the developers, not us.
    Sorry, you're wrong !

As an evidence I must state as follows :

1/ Celeste (paid app) can be purchased on Cydia store only on the Modmyi repo => YOU'RE INVOLVED

2/ Cocoanut website refers to this forum for support source info. They can't do that without yr agreement => YOU'RE INVOLVED

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jpmarch View Post
    Sorry, you're wrong !

As an evidence I must state as follows :

1/ Celeste (paid app) can be purchased on Cydia store only on the Modmyi repo => YOU'RE INVOLVED

2/ Cocoanut website refers to this forum for support source info. They can't do that without yr agreement => YOU'RE INVOLVED
    I refer you to post 22. As moderators we moderate the forum. We do not provide support for any of the apps that are on the modmyi repo. You are confused. The owners of modmyi run the repo and have been informed of the issues brought up here which is what I said all we as moderators are able to do. They are trying to contact the developer of Celeste. Please do not take out your frustration with the app on someone who does not deserve it.

I refer you to post 22. As moderators we moderate the forum. We do not provide support for any of the apps that are on the modmyi repo. You are confused. The owners of modmyi run the repo and have been informed of the issues brought up here which is what I said all we as moderators are able to do. They are trying to contact the developer of Celeste. Please do not take out your frustration with the app on someone who does not deserve it.
    NO ... NO... I'm not confused !
    Should the MMI owners be unable to contact the Celeste dev's (as everyone unfortunately) in a view to oblige them to release shortly the long awaited & announced update, then YOUR responsability is to break the link with this app n' stop selling it on yr repo !!
    It's my request (refer post #18)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I don't think that the ModMyi repo should stop the means for promoting Celeste, but I do thing that when you select Celeste (or any other package), the purchase screen should indicate that it is (or not) compatible with your iOS and also list the known bugs this release has. A good example of this is Action Menu which warns me that it has not been tested with my iOS and Safari Download Manager which lists "known issues"

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    I don't think that the ModMyi repo should stop the means for promoting Celeste, but I do thing that when you select Celeste (or any other package), the purchase screen should indicate that it is (or not) compatible with your iOS and also list the known bugs this release has. A good example of this is Action Menu which warns me that it has not been tested with my iOS and Safari Download Manager which lists "known issues"
    OK but ... you place the debate to an ideal case for future and nobody knows the number lines of warning which would't be necessary to cover all bug items listed in this forum !
    To be realistic nothing related to yr proposal was included in the Celeste promotion so ... thousands people have purchased a NON READY APP to launch !
    From my point of view by now, the only chance to force Celeste dev's to update this tweak is to stop selling until an official announcement of such update release be published.
    Don't forget that since Apr. 9th Cocoanut didn't communicate any news & progress on the subject.

Thanks

NO ... NO... I'm not confused !
    Should the MMI owners be unable to contact the Celeste dev's (as everyone unfortunately) in a view to oblige them to release shortly the long awaited & announced update, then YOUR responsability is to break the link with this app n' stop selling it on yr repo !!
    It's my request (refer post #18)
    It is not OUR responsibility. We moderate the forums. That is it. We have no say what is accepted into the repo or what should be taken out. We are just like you when it comes to that. The owner of MMi is the one that makes that call and he is aware of the situation.

It is not OUR responsibility. We moderate the forums. That is it. We have no say what is accepted into the repo or what should be taken out. We are just like you when it comes to that. The owner of MMi is the one that makes that call and he is aware of the situation.
    Hope the MMi owner who is aware of the situation (as you said) will take soon the relevant right decision.
    Pending that, are you aware if Celeste dev's have been finally reached by MMi people for fresh news and what's their reply & plans ??

Maybe it has to be pointed out that the situation with this dev crew isn't new. Celeste was the first app I bought from them, but I read a lot of ranting from ppl who got their previous app and are in the very same situation (initial releases, a lot of promises about updates fixing the tons of issues they have, then absolute silence). Developers like these should disappear from the scene, or they should get emarginated by Repo owners.
    If at least Ryan Petrich could update that damn Action Menu it would be possible to install at least the initial Celeste release without having to rely on unofficial releases or cheats, but the situation with that app (and the poor idiots who paid for the paid version) doesn't seem to be much better than Celeste's one.
    Last edited by Fafner; 05-07-2011 at 09:58 AM.

Thanks

Hope the MMi owner who is aware of the situation (as you said) will take soon the relevant right decision.
    Pending that, are you aware if Celeste dev's have been finally reached by MMi people for fresh news and what's their reply & plans ??
    Not sure sorry. I told Kyle (owner in charge of repo) and he has been trying to contact the dev. Not sure if he has been successful.

Not sure sorry. I told Kyle (owner in charge of repo) and he has been trying to contact the dev. Not sure if he has been successful.
    Pls let me know n' keep us aware for any coming events in turn.

Thks

As of today, the situation regarding Celeste looks better. As per the previous post's I'm convinced that MMi people turns much more concerned and firmly attempting to reach the dev's for the tweak fix purpose asap.
    Therefore there're two choices, either MMi owners attempt is successfull and fresh news have to be published in this forum, or Celeste must be emarginated from the MMi repo.
    The worst situation would consist to continue offering Celeste purchases without anymore official announcement thus abusing more n' more customers spending their money for nothing. I can't imagine such a scenario !!
    Last edited by jpmarch; 05-08-2011 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

im not complaining at all because celeste works perfectly for me even on 4.3.3 but i thought an update was coming ages ago "very soon"? is it not coming? i downloaded version 1.1.1-1 of action menue and it works perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Unleashed84 View Post
    im not complaining at all because celeste works perfectly for me even on 4.3.3 but i thought an update was coming ages ago "very soon"? is it not coming? i downloaded version 1.1.1-1 of action menue and it works perfect
    For you may be, for me it doesn't work e.g.
    1/ Kodak Easyshare Photo Printer 500 => not send (transfer failure)
    2/ Samsung mobile D900i => send / no receive
    even my config is updated like yours w/ AM 1.1.1-1 and both devices above being OBEX complying ...
    I don't dispute the fact that some users are happy like you. Obviously, that depends on the types of devices used, files, etc.. but the problem is not here and Celeste is far from working correctly for most of the users.
    Regarding update & fix have a look on the previous post's for yr info.

i have only ever tried between my macbook pro though and my iphone 4

Thanks

It doesn't work with many other devices I tested actually. Sometimes the connection just fail for no reason, it looks like it's trying, but nothing happens on the other device.
    Two words : Motor boat

Quote Originally Posted by Furax44 View Post
    It doesn't work with many other devices I tested actually. Sometimes the connection just fail for no reason, it looks like it's trying, but nothing happens on the other device.
    what version of action menue are you using? using the wrong one will make the app useless and not work. though i need to get hold of another device with bluetooth and try it out, for macbook pro it works every time

You all seem to forget that AM 1.1.1-1 is NOT an official version. It was not released by its developer (who is replying to inquiries about that just about in the same way Cocoanuts guys are doing for Celeste, that means ignoring them) and the only way to install it is to rely on some manually added Repository. It's not available on the usual big Repos. There have been reports from ppl having then problems when they want to remove this unofficial version. Personally, I don't want to risk installing unofficial stuff.
    Paying customers are PRETENDING an official update as they were promised they would have gotten one rather quickly.
    Last edited by Fafner; 05-08-2011 at 12:43 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast