Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Housing Swap to iPhone awesomeness.....

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Received a phone from a member today (names to be left unmentioned) that someone had tried to swap housing on, unfortunately it didnt work out so well.

1. Bezel was peeling off housing and not mounted properly.

-Remounted and sticky-icky-icky'd

2. Camera was no longer working.

-Ribbon cable was loose and damaged, repair and attached.

3. Vibrate switch not working + vibrate motor not mounted properly.

-Pulled motor...had to cut housing internally slightly...installed. The switch was not working cause the cable was actually damaged...pulled slightly, repaired....works just real sensitive.

4. Home button not working.

-Not good. There are 2 tiny "prongs" that make contact from the screen assembly to the dock assembly when the phone is closed, this connects the home button for it to work. Problem is...those 2 prongs had been broken off So I had to "rig" the ribbon cable by pulling it off the screen frame backside and remounting it (making a mount) to adjust for the difference where the prongs should be. Now it works

Sad to Happy.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,887 Times in 6,041 Posts

more awesomeness by cpjr, wow

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sadhunni's Avatar
    Thanks

The iphone doesnt look as bad as my friend's condition because some pieces were missing and dont know if things can be replaced.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you do anything with the 2Gs?
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Thanks

^Yeah, depending on what you need. I have more fun working on 3g's.

one1 (a member here) is a master of the 2g

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

CPJR thanks sooo much I love the pics and i can tell that is my phone cause the sim card slot is ground to white cause my sim was sitting to high thinks so much you are more than a savor. I love you man (no homo)

Also When you say touchy B4 you touched it I had it working but I could just let it sit in my pocket and it would vibrate CONSTANTLY so I had to turn it off!
    Last edited by blacksti; 05-26-2009 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Hey CPJR. Do you know anyone who is selling a 16GB Red Iphone 3G with no stratches? Do you have one available? It dont have to be red. It could be blue or red or orange iphone 3G and must be 16GB.

Thanks

^I do not.

I actually have a red one in perfect physical condition with a Zagg shield on it.....BUT....it needs a dock assembly right now AND its an 8gigger.

Thanks

hey CPJR. I think i will need you to help me change the housing for the red one because I have trouble taking out the sim card tray ever since the red housing is being replaced. It was jammed yesterday when Im trying to take out my tmobile sim card and I broke the sim tray trying to take it out. So I think I need you to help me change to a new housing again. I will let you know when I have the new housing available. Let me know what else you take besides paypal. Thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

hey cpjr i was wondering if you would paint the back of my iphone 3g. ill pay you for you work

can you do this to a 32 gig? will it still say 32 gig on the back after being airbrushed? i really wanna do this, I sent you a pm already for more infor, but I just finished reading the whole thread and it seems like it was all 3g and not a 3gs, have you done a 3gs yet?

Thanks

^
    ^^
    ^^^
    Yes to all of the above.

I cant really leave the writing on the bottom though. If I use a pearl paint you can still see it, kinda looks ghost.

Thanks

I just got my iPhone 3Gs, so now my iPhone 2G 8gb needs a nice refresher, as the back is all scratched up. What's the cost, what options are available, etc.? If you can't or don't want to post them, just PM me the details.

Thanks

^You can grab an aftermarket housing on ebay for round $15-$20 in several different colors....or an oem housing but it'll be more expensive. The aftermarket ones work/look just fine. Some come with a new antenna cover some dont, they are real cheap to buy also. Either way, can swap them out labor and shipping back to you (US) for $55. Lemme know if ya got anymore questions.

Thanks

I think I'd prefer OEM, some of the aftermarket ones I've seen haven't been quite the quality I'd like. At least with OEM I know what I'm getting, not the hit-and-miss kind. Debating about whether to paint it or not; I'm giving the phone to my son to use as an iPod Touch + pre-paid text phone (no voice; you can get 1,000 texts a month for $10 from AT&T pre-paid.) I guess I should check with him and see what he wants.

Thanks

Hey cpjr i have a question i would love to get my housing swapped but i was wondering ... i know on the logic board there is a sticker that says do not remove... is there anyway to remove that and put it back .. just incase something happens and i have to get it warrantied with apple i can have you swap the housing back and give it to them? let me know either way man. thanks

Thanks

^No theres no way to take the label off without destroying it. You do however have a decent chance that they wont open it at the apple store anyways.....but its a gamble.

Thanks

ok i was told that with a hairdryer and a steady hand it could prolly be done lol... but anyways i and going to paint my own housing since i paint cars on the side ... i know a place in town that sells oem housings ..would you advise spending the extra money and getting OEM or will the aftermarkert be just as ok ,fitment wise... its for a 3g

Thanks

Its worth a try....Ive really never spent that much time trying to get it off. But you have to be careful not to screw something else up inside the phone.

OEM is always better quality. Its also always more expensive.

So you either go for more money, better finished product.......or cheaper, lesser quality.

Thanks

ok i was wondering if i sent you my phone and my already painted housing / or aftermarket housings what would the turn around time usually be ... i only have one iphone and i hater using this blackberry i have it sucks so bad lol

and also do you garentee the phone will work when you send it back .. if something was to happen during the swap would you take care of it if it was your fault? thanks

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast