Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Housing Swap to iPhone awesomeness.....

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm...i would think you would have to coat over the airbrush paint with something to make sure it doesn't scratch off and make it feel smooth....you've done it before?
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

Is there casings similar to the 3GS' with the silver writing?

Quote Originally Posted by lifted206 View Post
    Is there casings similar to the 3GS' with the silver writing?
    Are there? Yes, there are. I just got a large shipment in the store last week.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Are there? Yes, there are. I just got a large shipment in the store last week.
    Are they compatible with the original 3G? I have a 16GB white 3g. I want to swap it with a 16GB white 3GS casing because I want the silver writing.

Yes they are the same as the 3g

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Yes they are the same as the 3g
    Could you pm me with a link to your supplier? I'm not sure who to purchase from on eBay.

You would never be able to purchase from my supplier, I am sorry. We order hundreds at a time. You cam PM me and I could sell you one if you need it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

lifted206 (01-24-2010)

How much would you charge if I just sent you the housing itself to be painted? I can do the replacing and such myself. Or better yet, do you know of any ebay sellers that have good quality custom housings? I can't for the life of me find a decent seller.
    Last edited by JA.3; 02-01-2010 at 01:15 AM.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JA.3 View Post
    How much would you charge if I just sent you the housing itself to be painted? I can do the replacing and such myself. Or better yet, do you know of any ebay sellers that have good quality custom housings? I can't for the life of me find a decent seller.
    PM me with details on what your interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Transparent would be crazy....but seeing the inside of the iphone it really wouldnt look as good as it sounds
    it would be cool for the first 20 minutes, then ugly, i m hoping the new iPhone comes out in multiple colours
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

cpjr,

Whats your process for re-seating the bezel?

I just did black housing swap and I'm having some trouble getting the bezel to be sealed all across.

What glue do you use? Do you glue it down and allow some time for it to set with something heavy on the back weighing it down?

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks

^Pm'ed

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wow these really look nice...I think I may have to have one done on my 3G, the housing is cracked and has seen better days. But I think I'll have to wait until I have the new iPhone in my hands when it comes out, I don't think I can go without my phone.

Thanks

Understandable

iPhone? More like MyPhone catriple's Avatar
    Thanks

Here is a new one that Ive been rocking for awhile. Pictures really dont do it justice! Depending on the light, its Green/Gold/Red Fleck! Flat Black bezel ties it in with the screen. Would love to do black buttons and switches but havent found a good way to do black buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by catriple View Post
    Here is a new one that Ive been rocking for awhile. Pictures really dont do it justice! Depending on the light, its Green/Gold/Red Fleck! Flat Black bezel ties it in with the screen. Would love to do black buttons and switches but havent found a good way to do black buttons.

wow that is the sickest one ive seen and nice touch with the bezel but hows the GPS reception with it? i have a chrome fred that affects the GPS reception a little
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Once you purchase a product surely its up to you if you put it in a blender or drive over it in a car, what right do Apple have to stop us abusing our stuff? thats like saying you can't slap your girlfriend, she's your girlfriend, you own her, you can do what you want to her lol

catriple,
    thats one bad a** phone!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I had blackchrome bezel on a phone i sold. They look sick! Wish they came like that from the factory with the gloss black. And i love the housing did you paint it? Im looking to get my 3gs done but don't want to use an ebay one and want to go original for fitment purposes.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Shockster For This Useful Post:

iAMAPC (06-23-2010)

How long did it take to do that it looks extremely nice
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

iPhone? More like MyPhone catriple's Avatar
    Thanks

@remag49 - Thanks man! I love it. I hope I do the iPhone 4 up the same way. not sure how well paint on the bezels are going to workout now that they are the full fledged antenna!?

@Shockster - I love the black bezel. The chrome always annoyed me a bit. The black makes it all tie in. Its OEM everything. I dont like the aftermarket stuff, so I just strip down the phones and paint! Bezels can be reused as long as they are cleaned, scuffed and etched. I recommend using OEM but I have seen some very GOOD copies out there too.

@westerman - Just like any phone disassembly and reassembly is the longest process. Well the bezel sucks to do processwise, otherwise painting is pretty quick. Its the Cost of the paint fleck that kills you

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast