Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T sim card question

Default AT&T sim card question
    I have a company provided razr2 V9 with the unlimited voice plan at $99 a month. I was wondering, if I purchased an unlocked iphone(or buy one and unlock it myself), can I use the sim card from the razr2 in the iphone? My company will not let me upgrade the plan or phone. I would like to be able to get an iphone for weekend and evenings, still using the razr for work. I'm not concerned about data or text messaging, just want to use it for voice calls and music (although wifi would be nice). If this would work, would AT&T be able to tell another phone is being used? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you have att you don't need to unlock the iphone. Just put in your att sim card and activate either through itunes (or activate via iLibertyX, Ziphone, Independence). Then if you want to pay an additional $20 for unlimited web for the iphone theres that option, otherwise you will have to be careful to only use it with wifi...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to freakoftheindustry For This Useful Post:

wvmcmillens (03-28-2008)

Thanks for the info. This is all new to me, so thanks again.