Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS shows "Sending"

iPhone? More like MyPhone donkeylarry's Avatar
    Thanks

Default SMS shows "Sending"
    Hi everyone! I am on my last nerve of this one...

I am on 5.1.1 (iPhone 4s).

I've called AT&T numerous times and tried to find a solution somewhere on the internet and can't get this to correct. The issue is I have only ONE contact (my girlfriend) that every time I open our text conversation is says "Sending" at the top (see photo). When I type a new text, it say's Sending 2 of 2. I have gone back to months and months of texts and there isn't anything that show's "failed to send" etc. I've gone into Settings and turned on and off 'iMessage".

Of course, I don't want to Clear or Delete the Conversation for obvious reasons.

Has anyone had this problem or does anyone know anything that might fix this?!? I'd be forever grateful!!!!

-photo.png

Why dont u do the factory restore through Itunes, and set as new iphone dont restore from backup. i dont imessage has anything to do regular message.

iPhone? More like MyPhone donkeylarry's Avatar
    Thanks

I've done several factory resets etc. Done the Reset All Settings through Settings as well. I'm at a loss, but as I said don't want to delete the conversation to lose months of texts.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,215 Times in 6,216 Posts

If you have done a reset all settings and your jailbroken, I'm surprised your phone is still even working.
    A fresh restore will cure it for sure.
    The are a bunch of apps/programs available that will pull all your info off the phone (messages, music, everything) but they are not free.
    I use a program called TouchCopy 11, works great as I jailbreak a lot of friends phones that have never synced in iTunes and if I have to update them and then jailbreak, they lose everything.
    This app is for both Mac and PC, Highly recommend it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

donkeylarry (09-28-2012)

I had the same problem late last night, try toggling the airplane mode on and off then go to your messages and text yourself. Type in the same number you have, any message you send should bounce back the same. I also did a couple re springs and a restart. As of now it works fine, leave the clean restore for last I say. Also try turning on and off your 3G and data. Hope this helps.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Julian063093 For This Useful Post:

donkeylarry (09-28-2012)