Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Giving my iPhone 4 to my GF

Default Giving my iPhone 4 to my GF
    I pre-ordered and received my iPhone 5 yesterday. I jumped the gun, not completely satisfied, but whatever, I'm stuck with it now.

Getting that out of the way, I want to give my GF my old iPhone 4. It is in perfect shape, and was used on the AT&T network.

I obviously want her to pay as little as possible, and since she doesn't have to get a 2 year contract because she now owns the phone, what are my options?

What networks can I go with (Chicago area) if I have the AT&T antenna? I doubt she will need unlimited data, but again, on a month to month plan we can change as needed.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

If you are out of contract get AT&T to unlock the phone and take it to T-Mobile.
    they have the lowest prices, but you will get crappy speed.

Or you can get Straight Talk. $45 unlimited everything just order the sim from them online.
    In order to get MMS to work, or at leat for me I had to jailbreak and install tetherme. It is only 2 bucks though.
    Last edited by qnc; 09-23-2012 at 02:29 AM.
    Yeah I'm an iPhoneaholic!! So What!!!
    4s on 5.1.1 natural
    4 on 5.1.1 jailbroken on Straight Talk
    3Gs 5.0.1
    3G 3.1.3
    2G's on 1.1.4, 3.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by qnc View Post
    If you are out of contract get AT&T to unlock the phone and take it to T-Mobile.
    they have the lowest prices, but you will get crappy speed.

Or you can get Straight Talk. $45 unlimited everything just order the sim from them online.
    In order to get MMS to work, or at leat for me I had to jailbreak and install tetherme. It is only 2 bucks though.
    It is out of contract. I heard staight talk doesn't like streaming. Will 3G unrestrctor fix that?

Thanks

I have not had any problems streaming music. I stream about 4 hours a day, my commute is about 2 hours one way.

On top of that I use it a lot for Internet and occasionally tethering to my laptop for work.
    Also I use it to VNC to my media server to keep the wife and kiddies happy.

But I don't stream a lot of video and that may trump all that I do.

3G unrestrictor only allows you unblock apps that need WIFI to work. Like large files for AppStore or FaceTime over 3G and some other apps that only work on WIFI.
    Yeah I'm an iPhoneaholic!! So What!!!
    4s on 5.1.1 natural
    4 on 5.1.1 jailbroken on Straight Talk
    3Gs 5.0.1
    3G 3.1.3
    2G's on 1.1.4, 3.1.3