Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: For those using Iphone as a ATT go phone

Smile For those using Iphone as a ATT go phone
    I Did post a thread similar to this but,
    For those who actually have a iphone-go phone, Can you answer this?

So I see there are basically 2 options, Buying a cheap go phone for 15$, Then taking the sim card out, cutting it down to a micro sim, and activate it, And use the IMEI number on the go phone, But do not put it back into the go-phone, Because then it will be locked to that phone, Put it in the iphone 4.

Second option. Buy A already cut sim card off of amazon.com or e-bay, Activate it, Then put it in the iphone, and you should be set.
    Now correct me If i'm wrong, But thats how I think it goes based on what i've read
    I would prefer to Do the second option, because it is cheaper and I don't have to cut it.

Question about the second option. Are you able to just activate the sim card by itself? What do you do when they ask for the IMEI number? Do you just tell them I just want to activate the sim card, not an actual phone, Do they let you do that? Or can you make up an IMEI number?

And has anyone had any problems using the iphone as a go phone (not being able to call or send texts,)?
    I'm using the 25$ a month unlimited texting and 250 minute plan, So data usage isn't a problem.

Thanks so much, Please respond.

IMEI is attached to the phone and not the sim card

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    IMEI is attached to the phone and not the sim card

I know, But is it of much importance? Will I be able to activate my SIM card by itself without telling them the IMEI number that would be on my phone?

Just buy an GoPhone.

I bought a sim card off eBay and had a hard time to activate it, even using the iPhone IMEI.

I'm using a simple mobile on my 3GS and the guy told me when I get the for he can cut my sim for the 4

For those who dont know, AT&T doesnt have a problem with using any iphone with a GoPhone account. Dont waste your time with trying to buy things off ebay or cutting your SIM card. I had a GoPhone account with AT&T for a couple months and had an iPhone 4s that I had when I had a contract with them I had been using as an ipod really. I tried cutting the SIM and when putting it in, only voice worked and i could receiver text. After calling tech support, they told me that cutting it can cause problems even if you dont touch the gold part. He told me to go to any ATT store when they opened to give them the SIM card I had been using and replace it with a microSIM activated to my GoPhone account. All of this is free btw. After speaking to several representives and employees, no one seems to care what phone you use on your GoPhone account, just as long as it was originally used for ATT.

For everyone that is using the iPhone with gophone plan and you upgraded to the new iOS software 6.0 and having problems with yr mms I have a fix around that you will have to jailbreak yr iPhone and get cydia on there once u do that install *mod edit: warez repo removed. Tether me was your method, please do not post instructions on getting the paid tweak for free. Purchase the tweak, or suggest to others to purchase it. *
    Last edited by i.Annie; 09-27-2012 at 09:55 PM.

Thanks bro...

Thanks
    It's extremely hard to cut a regular sim card into a micro sim card. Also, the cutters are pretty crappy, as well. Chances are, you're probably going to have some problems and end up wasting your time and money. I would suggest just going to an AT&T store and tell them that you need a micro sim card. Tell them what you are trying to do and they will lend you a helping hand on getting everything set up. You could also call AT&T support and they will mail you a micro sim for free.

I have a Micro SIM card cutter I bought frm eBay last year. I have not had any issues wit SIM cards I cut.

At the AT&T store, if you have a account with AT&T "pre-paid or contract" they will give you a micro SIM card for FREE.

I know because my wife and I had it done. We both was on AT&T prepaid. We went to the store, told them we needed a micro SIM card and they changed the information from the old sim to the new micro sim.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chula's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a question what about if I want to use the iPhone 5 what do I do as far as GoPhone plans and sim card TIA

Sorry another question if they r problems with text & mms what can I do to fix it while there's no Jailbreak for iPhone 5 thank you happy holidays to every one
    Last edited by Chula; 12-10-2012 at 05:36 AM.

don't know if this is new policy, but it seems as if AT&T Go phone does have a problem with Using Iphone's. I set up a new account last month and was using my Iphone 4S with no issues then this month when i went to refill my account, my data stopped working when i called customer care 3 different people told me that same thing, "the iphone is not supported with this service and will no longer work" not sure if anyone has had any similar experiences. because now i purchased a $65 plan that i will not be able to use except for the phone and text feature =(

Hi there are u on the iOS 6.0.1 or 5.1.1

Thumbs up Use At&t GoPhone on a sprint iphone4s
    I use at&t Gophone 50$ a month unlimited plan.. I use a 3g iphone, butthe other night I got a iphone 4s and cut my sim before checking the phone and saw it is a SPRINT!!!! I tried everything..
    I had to go back to at&t to get a new sim, but the guy gave it to me for free and we talked about Sam having to close due to GOV, but assured me soon enough I will be able to use it..n sent me a microchip without charging me at all!

Gosh I love people with excellent customer service skills lol he even informed me that when my sprint4s can switch to at&t that I would need to unjailbreak because it will be done through itunes.. then rejailbreak after switch.. just an FWI incase anyone doesn't know.. MY FIRST POST!!YAY! lol

If anyone knows of a way for me to switch carriers I will make it up to somehow or way

MUCH LOVE<3
    Last edited by brittbraun90; 03-09-2013 at 02:52 AM. Reason: didnt make sense