Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Unlocked - Normal AT&T plan?

Unhappy iPhone 4 Unlocked - Normal AT&T plan?
    Hey guys,
    I plan on buying a used iPhone 4 on craigslist or ebay soon. I basically want to use my regular/non-data AT&T plan on it. It's not a go phone plan though. I know I need to jailbreak/unlock and cut the SIM. However, I'm worried I might get caught and have to pay for the data plan. How do I change the APN settings or make it so that it'll appear as a different phone to AT&T?
    Thanks!

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

You can't make it look like another type of phone. You can get it unlocked through AT&T though. They will happily do it for you.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Quote Originally Posted by DSizz990 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I plan on buying a used iPhone 4 on craigslist or ebay soon. I basically want to use my regular/non-data AT&T plan on it. It's not a go phone plan though. I know I need to jailbreak/unlock and cut the SIM. However, I'm worried I might get caught and have to pay for the data plan. How do I change the APN settings or make it so that it'll appear as a different phone to AT&T?
    Thanks!
    If the current SIM card is already activated and setup (and not locked to that phone) you can transplant it to the iPhone without any problems. You do not need to jailbreak/unlock. Mine has been running GoPhone plan for a month now and apart from the new rate/data changes, they haven't figured out I'm using an Iphone at all.

Quote Originally Posted by speedforce131 View Post
    If the current SIM card is already activated and setup (and not locked to that phone) you can transplant it to the iPhone without any problems. You do not need to jailbreak/unlock. Mine has been running GoPhone plan for a month now and apart from the new rate/data changes, they haven't figured out I'm using an Iphone at all.
    But will it be the same, even though I don't run a gophone plan?

Oh, the phone probably wouldn't be factory unlocked.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Yep just released the other day. It works like a charm.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.