Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: APN Setting for different Network Speeds!!!!

Default APN Setting for different Network Speeds!!!!
    i was on youtube looking for upgrade my i4 for a Galaxy Note, then I found this video of a guy changing his network speed just by switching his phone APN from ATT.. do that work for iphone ?.. how can we get updated data on their system??.. the guy told that on description..

Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM AT&T HSPA+ Speed Tests, APN Settings, PTA, Phone, Cingular410 - YouTube

Last edited by blankito350; 03-15-2012 at 07:12 PM.

I'm not sure if changing your APN from AT&T to something else would give you better data speed, but on the iPhone you can change it and try it. It might make the phone inoperative because it doesn't know what the APN is but if that happens, you simply change it back (iOS 3.0 did not have this feature yet, you would have to change APN settings using an APN changer, whereas later versions allow you to change them from the phone by going to Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network).

I believe you will have to use the APN settings provided to you by ATT. If you happen to be using this phone as a pre-paid GoPhone, I have found no way to use APN changer to set the APN for 3G access-since data seems tied to them SIM as well.