Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iMessage outage ? Random...

Default iMessage outage ? Random...
    Anyone else having issues with iMessages ?

I have a group of me and Some friends that are having troubles sending any kind of video or pics through iMessage... keeps saying not delivered...

tough Some of us can send to Certain people and others nothing at all..

Also some are jailbroken and others stock.. and I just restored my Phone back to stock thinking it might have been something related to my jb.. (I'm also a dev and was testing a few things)

but I doubt this would happen stock and also with about 5 people now that I text..

if we send as a text.. all works fine... but not iMessages... Can get them .. but can't Send them..

Could iMessages be Down ?

yeah me too same exact problem

When did your issue start?

Not having an issue myself. Sent some images ealier to a group that we have of mods from here and it went through.

This is so weird... its still not working.... The last time it worked was When I was sending ALOT of pictures back to back... the sms app seemed to have crashed and it hast worked since..

The weird thing is that I can Send to certain people.... and no its not something on the other persons end.. as I was able to send to them with no issues before this ... and they also have the same thing going on .. can send to some but not everyone ...

Could this be some kind of bug that mess's your iMessages at apples end ?

I think its almost weird that the people having the issues with not being able to send are the ones that i just so happen to send all the pics too before this problem happen....

and so the worm hole gets deeper... All the original People that I had tried to send that group iMessage with all the pictures two days ago... are now getting my texts from other people and Im getting the texts from other people going to them...

Who ever send more then 5 pics at once to now get the same issue.. and within hours I get all the iMessages from people sending them messages to my phone ..

I'm on the phone with apple right now... This is not right at all

EDIT:

2 hours on the phone with apple... seems they are starting to get calls about this very thing.. I can pretty much duplicate it when i want... and iMessages still not letting me send pics... but I can get everyones messages that should be going to their phones lol WTF?
    Last edited by brokentwice; 02-02-2012 at 04:56 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I had this problem at the end of last week and over the weekend also. It would send to some and not others. It seems to be working again now, but glad to see it wasn't just me.

I have since turned iMessages off. Would only send about half the time. Thanks for nothing Apple.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Odd that you had to turn off iMessage. I am using my 3gs with the gophone plan and it seemed only the iMessages were the ones to go through.

yeah and after two days it finally activated my phone number again.. but still most people it shows that i sent .. and they never get it .. and Some it says delivered and then a second later it days failed...

weird thing is that this issue is so selective... some of my friends can send to some of my friends but not other people... its weird

seems the issue today has now changed to being able to send to some of my friends and family while others still show not delivered.... have been "working" with apple for almost a week now on this issue ..

I was asked to return the phone... Drive about an hour to the apple store as a last ditch effort.. but I truly feel that there is no way that my phone ... my friends phone.... My other friends phone.... All three of our iPad's... Would all stop Working at once...

try deleting bitesms i had the same issue.....