Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My iPhone 4 and AT&T Prepaid goPhone [Please Help]

Question My iPhone 4 and AT&T Prepaid goPhone [Please Help]
    Thank you for reading my thread and attempting to help me.

Here is my situation:
    I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0.1 that was previously activated with a regular iPhone plan. I upgraded to a new iPhone 4S and had my account transferred to that phone. My friend is in need of a phone so we got the $50/mo unlimited prepaid plan. We had it turned onto a regular sim in a brick and mortar AT&t store. At home I cut the sim into a micro sim and placed it in the no longer active iPhone 4. It instantly recognized the sim and showed AT8T service. I am able to place and receive calls flawlessly. At this point I am incapable of using data on the phone. I have read articles and seen videos on youtube where people have accomplished this, but I have yet to be successful with it. I have also read that its just plain not possible and you have to add data to the account.

Help my with solutions please:
    So is there a way to get the data on that plan to work; if not?
    Of the people that add data plans I see people quoting different prices for different amounts of data. Some people say the $25 plan for 500mb and some people say $30 for 3GB. Can I use the "DataConnect 3GB for iPad" plan?

Help me come up with my best option. I appreciate your time!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

From what I have read on these forums you cannot get data to work on that $50 unlimited plan. You will need to do what I am doing and add the separate data plan. Under the prepaid section you can buy either the $5 for 10mb (yeah right), $15 for 100mb, or $25 for 500mb of data. As far as I know you can't get the ipad plan to work, but I'd gladly pay a little more for 3gb rather than swapping between the 500 and 100 plans each month.

Did you activate the sim in the iphone?

I had a simmilar problem after jail-breaking my iPhone 4, not exactly the same situation but the owner of AT&T Prepaid website sent me an how-to, he asked me not to share, but feel to contact him.

Same situation sorta. Iphone on $50 unlimited no data threw at&t. But is there any other companys that will work? I have seen tmobile $50 unlimited data calls text. Virgin just came out with a $35 data and text... Gophone, tracphone... The list goes on..whats everyone using? Standard at&t plans? Any input will be appriciated?

Quote Originally Posted by Philthy253 View Post
    Same situation sorta. Iphone on $50 unlimited no data threw at&t. But is there any other companys that will work? I have seen tmobile $50 unlimited data calls text. Virgin just came out with a $35 data and text... Gophone, tracphone... The list goes on..whats everyone using? Standard at&t plans? Any input will be appriciated?

Straight talk.

$45 a month for unlimited talk text and data. And you don't even need an unlock.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm using gophone, $25 for 500mb data, almost never use it as a phone so minutes aren't an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by zoltan1600 View Post
    Straight talk.

$45 a month for unlimited talk text and data. And you don't even need an unlock.
    From walmart right? Don't you have to get a certin phone?

I took the same route as zoltan1600 prepaid but with h2o same as att

Quote Originally Posted by Philthy253 View Post
    From walmart right? Don't you have to get a certin phone?
    Just buy the micro sim from their website. Then make sure you download the correct apn from the unlockit site to get data. Then for mms you have to be jail broken and edit your mms apn settings manually. Did this with my girlfriends i4 worked like a charm.