Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How does the FamilyTalk Plan work?

Default How does the FamilyTalk Plan work?
    I am new to at&t and have been with t-mobile my whole life.

Looking at my second bill I am confused and wondering having a familytalk plan can chime in so I dont have to call customer support about this.

So I recently went to apple store to purchase a 4s. I wanted to do a family plan for 2 lines, but they told me they can only do an individual plan, and I would have to go to an at&t store to add a 2nd line to make it a familytalk nation 700. So I went to at&t to add another line, and I also got a discount from my work also.

However when I look at my bill, there is 2 separate charges for the 2 lines. One is mine for 50.00 and taxes added to that line, and another is 9.99 and the taxes added to that. That means they are calculating the taxes for each line separately instead of combining it into one familyplan price of 69.99.

Not only that, but my discount is applied to only my line of 50.00 instead of the family plan of 69.99. Is this how it works?
    There are 2 separate charges for each line, but its considered a family plan of 69.99?

I was under the assumption from at&t's website that the familytalk 700 nation was 69.99 by combining the 2 lines together.

Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Att is charging you correctly. The discount is only on the main line and it looks like they are giving you a bigger break for the main line on the account from 69.00 down to 50.00, and each line added to the family talk plan is 9.99 so it looks correct