Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbreaking and unlocking

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default jailbreaking and unlocking
    I was going to use redsnow to jailbreak my iphone, but I read it should not be used because it may prevent me from unlocking the iphone. So, what would the best tool for jailbreaking, then unlocking the iphone. I'm on the ATT network, but plan to move to H2O. My firmware is 05.16.05 and my version is 5.0 . i have a 3gS. I would like to downgrade to 4.3.3 so I can use a untethered jailbreak if there one that would help me complete this task.

Thank you
    has55
    Last edited by has55; 11-08-2011 at 05:18 PM.

If youv never saved blobs or been jailbroken before, then you can't downgrade. And redsn0w shouldn't stop u from being able to unlock...where did u read that? You may of misunderstood something about the iPad baseband

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iJonathan For This Useful Post:

has55 (11-09-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iJonathan View Post
    If youv never saved blobs or been jailbroken before, then you can't downgrade. And redsn0w shouldn't stop u from being able to unlock...where did u read that? You may of misunderstood something about the iPad baseband
    ok if i use redsnow to jailbreak, what do i use to unlock My firmware which is 05.16.05 and my version is 5.0 . Grateful for any help, esp if there is a link to a guide. I can't find anything, only 4.3.3 and below. oh, i didn't saved the blob. didn't know i had to. so i will have to wait for the tether.