Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Plan

Default AT&T Plan
    So i went to upgrade to a AT&T plan as i really want data for when im on break at work to watch some netflix movies and listen to Pandora with everyone over the radio in the back room.

Working at walmart i get 20% off my bill also only thing is, AT&T reps said they wont activate my iphone since i've modded it. (back plate mod and jailbroken and themes) anyone know a way to just get a plan and sim then add a data package later?

all you have to do is call att 1866cingular and add it on there.

and they denied you bc you messed with "your iphone" is some bs.

Still need a plan with AT&T and a simcard. i can cut the sim down via my microsim cutter, just need the base plan of talk and text. then ill get a data plan later.

go in and sign up for a contract that has a free phone for a new contract like a flip phone or something. Then when you get home put new sim in iPhone, and then call them up & have them add data plan

That's the thing i don't want to start up some 2 year contract and get a phone they say "costs" 79.99 for the cheapest flip phone when you can buy a prepaid touchscreen phone for $100.

Wonder if i could bring in my prepaid Lg-Prime and have them set it to that.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tokioh View Post
    Wonder if i could bring in my prepaid Lg-Prime and have them set it to that.
    That *should* work for a COE activation and wouldn't acquire a contract. (See Note below)

Once you put the SIM in the iPhone, at&t will add the data plan on for you. So expect to start paying for the plan as soon as you use the SIM in your iPhone.

Note: depending on how WalMart has stipulated their corporate discounts, it's possible you may not be allowed to be contract free, require a phone purchase, or it may not apply to data plans.
    All corporate discounts take at least one billing cycle (they say to expect it to take two cycles) to apply. So your first month(s) service will be higher than expected.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

So i went to upgrade to a AT&T plan as i really want data for when im on break at work to watch some netflix movies and listen to Pandora with everyone over the radio in the back room.

Working at walmart i get 20% off my bill also only thing is, AT&T reps said they wont activate my iphone since i've modded it. (back plate mod and jailbroken and themes) anyone know a way to just get a plan and sim then add a data package later?
    Hey it's me again so if I go with a prepaid att phone and want to get a postpaid plan with them and tell them to add data I wouldnt have to pay 500 to active a account with them

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone-214 View Post
    Hey it's me again so if I go with a prepaid att phone and want to get a postpaid plan with them and tell them to add data I wouldnt have to pay 500 to active a account with them
    No, a credit check and/or a deposit will still be required. That is regardless of a discounted phone purchase.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Waled in got a iPhone 3GS with 450 mins 2GB of 3G data and unlimited texting and mobile to mobile. i have no credit at all (The credit check is internal so just AT&T if you have a bad car or house on your credit it does not show up) i put $100 down and $49.99 for the phone. Threw the sim into my iPhone 4 and gave my mom the iPhone 3GS for mothers day and set her up on pre-paid.

Waled in got a iPhone 3GS with 450 mins 2GB of 3G data and unlimited texting and mobile to mobile. i have no credit at all (The credit check is internal so just AT&T if you have a bad car or house on your credit it does not show up) i put $100 down and $49.99 for the phone. Threw the sim into my iPhone 4 and gave my mom the iPhone 3GS for mothers day and set her up on pre-paid.
    Oh so I wouldn't pay the $500 deposit

i dont know where u live be maybe u should go to one of the spots in the hood they dint give a **** what u do to ur phone they just want the money

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone-214 View Post
    Oh so I wouldn't pay the $500 deposit
    As long as you don't have a bad history with the company and you have a job you should get one that's under $199. Mine was $100.

Quote Originally Posted by Mdot80 View Post
    i dont know where u live be maybe u should go to one of the spots in the hood they dint give a **** what u do to ur phone they just want the money
    Yes, and when you activate your phone with AT&T they take your phone away and you can get in trouble for buying stolen property.

Or they just take the money beat your *** and leave.

As long as you don't have a bad history with the company and you have a job you should get one that's under $199. Mine was $100.

Yes, and when you activate your phone with AT&T they take your phone away and you can get in trouble for buying stolen property.

Or they just take the money beat your *** and leave.
    Hey I dont work but my parents do so will this affect me

Yes, they look at "Your" income as long as the plan is in "Your" name. they want to know you have a steady income to pay toe 2YR service agreement.