Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Did YOU receive the AT&T Tethering Letter?

Default Did YOU receive the AT&T Tethering Letter?
    Is there ANYONE who received the data plan/tethering Text, email, or letter in the mail who DOES NOT tether?

It would be nice if we could figure out if they truly can tell if we are tethering OR if these were sent to customers with high data usage!

So, please post here if you rec'd the notice but DO NOT & HAVE NOT ever tethered!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Do you receive the letter?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

letter or text?

Both mine & my husbands phones rec'd the text. He is primary account holder. We also rec'd the letter in the mail.

He is a heavy pdanet tethering user.

I am a heavy iPhone user and tether a MAX of an hour a month.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i have not recived it but i do tether once in a while.. 2 weeks ago i tethered about 500mb of data.. nothing.

then again i wa son ios 4.2.1 and not ios 4.3.1, where people who tether start getting the letters i hear.

Quote Originally Posted by bondkt View Post

then again i wa son ios 4.2.1 and not ios 4.3.1, where people who tether start getting the letters i hear.

I'm on 3.1.2 & my husbands is 4.0.1

just use this website and you will not have any issues - iPhone Magic - iPhone Mode Unlock , iPhone Tips

Quote Originally Posted by lopezl View Post
    just use this website and you will not have any issues - iPhone Magic - iPhone Mode Unlock , iPhone Tips
    I'm confused. How is a site like that going to prevent AT&T from sending out the letter?

I got the email today stating I had to call by April 30th or they would add a tethering plan to my account. I have not tethered to a computer once. The CS rep said the email was going out to all customers. But they would make a note that I was not tethering. She said it was all "technical" on how they were detecting it and that no further information would be given out to show how they determined I was tethering.

Quote Originally Posted by iSoConfused View Post
    Is there ANYONE who received the data plan/tethering Text, email, or letter in the mail who DOES NOT tether?

It would be nice if we could figure out if they truly can tell if we are tethering OR if these were sent to customers with high data usage!

So, please post here if you rec'd the notice but DO NOT & HAVE NOT ever tethered!
    i just got the same email today. just got off the phone with att
    they told me that using netflix and connecting it to my tv is tehering

Quote Originally Posted by rivalsrage156 View Post
    i just got the same email today. just got off the phone with att
    they told me that using netflix and connecting it to my tv is tehering
    The guy I talked to said the opposite. Since you can do the same thing with files locally stored on your phone, it can't be considering tethering.
    UNLESS your TV is internet capable with a netflix app on it and you are connecting your iphone to the TV and then using that TV's netflix app.

And yes, I did receive the letter a while back while using 4.2.1

most att reps dont know the real scope of tethering.using netflix is not tethering even if u connect it to your tv because thats only audio video connection from the iphone to the tv.