Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: getting unlimited data back

Ah. I don't think we have any of those. Maybe in the IT dept. They need help for sure haha. Stupid stupid stupid guardian edge.

So do this and get the plan. Then upgrade to iphone 4 "grandfather" it? Would that work?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yes did it on my daughters phone

I did it on mine

just because you get the $20mo iphone2 plan, does it mean its unlimited?

Thanks

It get the $30 plan added to your chooses of plans I've done this on two phones one that had the $25 plan and one that had no iPhone plan it worked easier on the one that did not have an iPhone plan on it just put sim card in it plug into iTunes was done

I think OP might have just gotten lucky

I did this just the other day. Except, i went about it a little different. I took my i4 totally off the line, added a regular phone imei and removed the internet package. You must do this or the next step wont work right because the system will not switch you off the data pro or plus. I then stuck my sim into my iphone 2g and hooked up to itunes. It then started with the welcome to iphone screen and needed activation. At that time i was able to choose the 200 text and unlimited internet for $20. After that was successful i went on my online account and it gave me the option to switch to the $30 unlimited plan. Simple as that, I did it to 3 iphones on my account.

Does anyone know if this still works? I have a 3GS on $15/mon data, no text. My wife has an old 2g with no data or text. Here is what I thinking:

Put my sim card into a dumb phone and drop data. Then put my sim into 2g and activate, hopefully using $20/mo unlimited and 200 text. Then just put sim
    Card back into my 3GS?

Thanks

You want lose any thing trying it .you well only have to do it for one day

Quote Originally Posted by jaykain View Post
    You want lose any thing trying it .you well only have to do it for one day
    Sorry, what do you mean I only have to do it for one day? Do I have to wait a while when I drop the data plan? Or can I try to do everything immediately?

Thanks

No I'm sorry when you do it you only have to use the other phone for one day is what I mine I have done this on my phone

Still works as of yesterday! Got my little sister on unlimited. She was only half way through her billing cycle and only had 200mb left on the 2gb plan.

Have you guys seen this???
    eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
    I saw a post on here by her and it took me to her eBay page...
    No worries, and just $40 or best offer? Has anyone tried this?

Wow, this method actually works. I got my unlimited data plan back and 200 SMS on my iPhone 4.

I heard from an at&t employee so I bought a 2g from someone for 40bicks and the customer service agent argued with me for a while then finally asked me if I was ok with the switch (morally) as she considered it to be stealing I said "yes do as you're told" and now have unlimited data. So it works for sure.

NICE.... Get a little back since AT&T thinks it is alright to up and "change" the definition of words like "UNLIMITED"!
    Glad it worked!

Does this still work? ATT just took my unlimited away for tethering, even though I quit the first time they notified me.

Thanks

Yes as of 9/22/11 it does you canny get it on the number you are on now most likely if they took it from you I would think but try it and see

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast