Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone GoPhone

I can't get my data to work on an unlocked (Rogers Canada) iPhone 4S with gophone.

I have tried all the different APN combos and settings but I can't get the internet to work.

MMS work, so I now it doesnt have data block.

Anyone know what tyhe proper ones are? I know the 4G/HSPA+ wont work, but I at least need Edge data?

Thanks in advance!!

I'm having a bit of a fluke with my 3gs go phone. For a while I had data changed my apn with unlockit everything was working great. This month half way through the month unless I'm using wifi I can't load any apps that need data (twitter,instagram etc) I can still receive MMS messages so I have plenty of data left, just non of my apps will run off the 3g. I tried removing and reinstalling the APN from unlockit didn't work. Has anyone else experienced this/ know how to rectify this?
    Last edited by keynem; 06-14-2012 at 08:33 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Rollinsford, New Hampshire, United States
    Thanks

I am getting a iPhone 4 and I want to use a GoPhone sim card in it. I will need data and texting mainly. If I get the unlimited $50 a month plan will I need to change my APN and will it be 3G data? It says "Note: Data Packages are only available on the $25 and $50 Monthly Rate Plans. Smartphone users must buy a data feature package in order to use data services." Does that mean I need to get the 1Gb a month data plan or can I use the $50 a month plan?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It's a smartphone, you'll need a separate data plan. The "free" data is only on the dumb phones because they know they use very little.

If you don't intend to make phone calls I'd skip the $50 a month plan and just buy data and $5 texting each month.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My mms is not working on my iPhone 5 with a prepaid account , the mms was working fine on the iPhone 4 ,anybody know a remedy for this issue ? I have the $25 a month plan , everything works fine on the iPhone 5 except mms

Havong a problem with my MMS. I had everything working on my 3gs gophone until I installed the IOS 6 update. I can still get MMS messages from other iphones but cannot sent or receive from anyone else. I removed and reinstalled my APN. Does it have something to do with the VPN this time? Data is working I use other apps on my 3g. It's only the MMS. I did everything I didn last time to get it working and it's not. Any insight would be appreciated
    Last edited by keynem; 10-02-2012 at 11:38 AM.

minor twist to the convo: once the conversion is complete, how can i port my old verizon number to the att number?

[edit]
    hah! went to the att store in my neighborhood and they sold me a prepaid *micro* sim card. i'm hoping it just works right off the bat. will get my phone tomorrow and put this to the test.

then i'll just have to port my number.

[edit]
    micro sim is installed and fully functioning. no problem.
    now to port my verizon number and i'm *done*.

[edit]
    called the att port center and started the process at 4pm
    by 8pm it hadn't completed. called back and they did a little hocus pocus.
    now the port is complete outgoing is the ported number.
    accepts incoming calls to the ported number.

all in all a bloodless coup. simplest path to completion.
    Last edited by horacebork; 10-20-2012 at 06:52 AM.

hoping for help- Interested in unlocking my iphone 4, but a couple months ago att realized I was using an iphone on my gophone plan and took away my SMS capability. If I unlock, will they still prevent me from using a data plan? Just trying to figure out the best and cheapest way to get my data. Thanks for your help! PS- if someone knows a good solid place for an unlock, please share!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345