Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Has anyone had a successful unlimited data switch in the last week?

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Has anyone had a successful unlimited data switch in the last week?
    Hey guys, I'm having a tough situation with AT&T right now. Long story short, after a family plan account transfer for a deceased account holder, AT&T messed up and dropped unlimited data from the phone number that still had it. After being told it was restored, a followup said it was being canceled again.

After speaking with a sympathetic "manager", I was told that the code to enter the plan does not exist anymore (a recent change), and that even if she wanted to, it is now completely impossible to add or restore such a data plan to an account.

So I was just curious, is there anyone out there who has successfully had an unlimited data plan restored in an account for any reason in the last week or so? Any details that might help me convince this rep (I still have her number) that she just needs to dig deeper, look somewhere else, or just that it is somehow possible to restore the feature?

I'm also wondering if this would be sufficient grounds to terminate service without suffering an EFT? The way I see it, they messed up the account transfer by not maintaining the service level, and being unable to restore it, they are not able to keep up their end of the original agreement. That's assuming, as I am for now, that the original EFT is still in effect through the transfer. Has anyone had any experience with this and AT&T from either perspective?

I just got mine today. I used the iPhone 2g to activate a line with AT&T. Then upgraded to the $30 unlimited data plan. It's sweet. Keep pressure on them and keep telling them that it's their mistake.
    Good luck.
    I got mine today.

Ive been arguing with the assholes for 2 weeks and it was thier fault

I just sent a lengthy email to that address explaining my situation. I will update IF I get a reply..honestly, I am not holding my breath, but hey, you never know.

Well, I am surprised. Not long after I sent my email I received an email from them requesting more info, then less then an hour later I received a phone call from them, they were kind, they listened to my entire story, then told me NO...LOL. But to their credit, they did address the issue. I salute them for that.
    Last edited by John1177; 02-21-2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: additional information

Quote Originally Posted by John1177 View Post
    I just sent a lengthy email to that address explaining my situation. I will update IF I get a reply..honestly, I am not holding my breath, but hey, you never know.

Well, I am surprised. Not long after I sent my email I received an email from them requesting more info, then less then an hour later I received a phone call from them, they were kind, they listened to my entire story, then told me NO...LOL. But to their credit, they did address the issue. I salute them for that.
    Hi I used to work with AT&T if it appears that is there error you can sue the company with the FCC and they will add it back there programmers have the capacity to do it... Just call and advise that the FCC will know about this and tell the FCC about it... And if you want to cancel they can waive the ETF since you are not satisfied with the sevice...

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

I did not have to email that office, but after a week or two I did get a random followup message letting me know that my case had been reviewed, and that they were restoring the unlimited data service.
    Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. -- M.C. Escher
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge. -- D.J. Boorstin