Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlimited text and mobile to mobile text messages

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Unlimited text and mobile to mobile text messages
    What is the difference between unlimited text messages and messages unlimited to mobile to any mobile feature. I don't see no difference. Somebody here and in twitter said that if you are with the unlimited text messages you can change to mobile to any mobile text messages for free. But can somebody tell me what's the difference? It don't make sense for me to switch.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

mobile to mobile adds free mobile to mobile calling and texting

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    mobile to mobile adds free mobile to mobile calling and texting
    What? Calling? how you know?

What about if Im using twitter thru text messages, you think txt messages are going to be covered too?, cuz is not really a phone number, its 40404
    Last edited by javiert30; 02-10-2011 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It doesn't use texts from your plan if it's an iPhone. On some other devices it may use your text allowance if you are using an instant messenger, but iPhone apps usually use data. For instance, instant messengers run on data or wifi on the iPhone and not text allowance.

As unlimited mobile to mobile, it means unlimited to anybody on the same carrier. Most carriers if not all offer this free.

Thanks

I signed up already. Go to AT&T Messaging Unlimited Plan - Mobile to Any Mobile Plan - from AT&T

$30 family for unlimited messages and mobile calling

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    It doesn't use texts from your plan if it's an iPhone. On some other devices it may use your text allowance if you are using an instant messenger, but iPhone apps usually use data. For instance, instant messengers run on data or wifi on the iPhone and not text allowance.

As unlimited mobile to mobile, it means unlimited to anybody on the same carrier. Most carriers if not all offer this free.
    Thanks Angie, but Im not talking about an app, Im talking about using text messages and receive messages from twitter from 40404. It uses text messages, and I wanted to know if it is covered in this offer cuz is not a regular phone number, is 40404
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Thanks

Annie -

This plan is free to any mobile number, doesnt matter the carrier

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Annie -

This plan is free to any mobile number, doesnt matter the carrier
    thanks for clarifying. I was assuming we were talking about a general aspect. Lol my bad

Thanks

No problem. It just came out today actually. If you already have an unlimited messaging plan, consider doing this. Its free.

Thanks

Annie or Stealth, you think it covers text messages from twitter 40404?
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Thanks Angie, but Im not talking about an app, Im talking about using text messages and receive messages from twitter from 40404. It uses text messages, and I wanted to know if it is covered in this offer cuz is not a regular phone number, is 40404
    I was using apps as an example. Usually on the iPhone it draws from data if it isn't straight through your SMS app. You could always call and check with your carrier. When I was on T-Mobile I asked about instant messengers bc on the iPhone it uses wifi/data. But their smartphones on Tmo don't work the same way, instant messaging accesses your text allowance instead. So the best thing to do is to check with your carrier, but im saying it's likely if you're using your iPhone it will probably use data/wifi.

A way to check is to turn your data/wifi off and see if you can send those texts through twitter properly. If you can't, it means it's using data/wifi. If it processes, it's likely to be using text allowance.

Thanks

Yes Annie Im sure it uses text messages, my question is if somebody knows that the twitter number is covered in this new plan, cuz in the plan says, US numbers only. And the twitter number is 40404
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Thanks

Ok, if you're sure it uses your text allowance, why wouldn't it work? I'm not understanding the issue. It either uses data or wifi, or it uses your text allowance. It would be beneficial to call the carrier and ask for the specifics.

Thanks

The issue is Annie, that it says that it is for US numbers only and I need to know how ATT see the number 40404, if the system shows it is from US I'll be fine, If not, I'm not, because I think I'm going to be charged if is not recognized as an US number. I switched already, lets see how it works, I'll be updating this for the people with the same question. If somebody know more about this, let me know.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Thanks

Im not sure why you're neglecting to ask the carrier for the specifics.

Thanks

OK this is what it says about the unlimited plan on ATT

Prices are billed monthly and are valid for use in the U.S. only. Charges for international messages sent from the U.S. are $0.25 for Text Messages and $0.50 for Picture/Video Messages. Charges for usage while roaming internationally: $0.50 for each text message sent, $1.30 for each picture/video message sent. Standard rates apply to all incoming messages. For full details on Messaging & Data Bundles, go to att.com/mediaterms. Unlimited Data package required for CV Video, XM Radio, MobiTV and MobiRadio users. Pay-Per-Use Charges: Text/Instant Messaging $0.20 per message; Picture/Video Messages $0.30 per message; Web browsing $2/MB Applies to new customers or customers who change voice plans, or cancel data plans on or after 7/31/09, otherwise 1¢/KB. MEdia™ Net and Data Unlimited are not available on PDAs/Pocket PCs, RIM® devices or LaptopConnect cards. Additional subscription and download charges may apply.

This it what they says with the new feature mobile to any mobile calling and texting:

Unlimited Calling and Messaging to or from any Mobile in the U.S., Puerto Rico, or U.S.V.I. Messaging Unlimited includes domestic Text, Picture, Video and Instant Messaging.

So I asume that, when I was using twitter (40404) before with my unlimited text messages I never was charged and it says that it's valid in USA only, and the new feature says that this is covered unlimited Calling and Messaging to or from any Mobile in the U.S., (the same thing.) I'm not going to be charged.

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Im not sure why you're neglecting to ask the carrier for the specifics.
    I asked them and they don't know... "nothing weird"
    Last edited by javiert30; 02-10-2011 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Thanks

I'm leaning towards that when it says US numbers it is referring to the numbers you are trying to text. If it draws from your text allowance, it would take from your US mobile number which should be fine. If the clueless reps don't know what they're talking about, I am baffled.

From my experiences on t-mobile, when I text someone via instant message to a US number, it takes from my text allowance. But my text does not come from my phone number, it shows up as random numbers like 420-31 to the person receiving my text. I was not charged extra, it just deducted from my text allowance. So I am going to say you will not be charged extra if you are texting TO and receiving FROM a US number

18. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

javiert30 (02-10-2011)

Thanks

Its fine bro

20. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

javiert30 (02-10-2011)

Thanks

Cool, thank you both...
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App