Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can't send sms

Default can't send sms
    Hello everyone,

first off all I'd like t point out that I have found a lot of decent info on this forum, it even helped me to the unlocking process which crashed about 14 times.

So its unlocked and working perfectly, I can make calls, internet, youtube etc. However there is a small problem with sms'ing

I can receive messages but I can't send any,
    When I send a new message or respond to a message I just get;
    'error sending message'

I found a lot of info about Iphones that can't receive, but mine cant send , ironic

I was also wondering if I can turn off the dictionary for sending messages, haven't really searched the net but will do os when waiting for a response for this topic

Thanks in advance

that makes 2 of us... I can't send SMS either.

that makes 3 of us, probably there are more, come on people help

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

which carriers r u with?
     Think Different

i'm on an old (2003) AT&T plan.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jasaomajor2 View Post
    i'm on an old (2003) AT&T plan.
    umm thats weird try to reset your iphone
     Think Different

yup... i've done that (a couple of time, btw) and no success..
    but thanks anyways

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 652 Posts

hmm first i've heard of this

i have already cracked more than 5 iPhones, and some of them have this problem, ERROR SENDING SMS, ive tried lots of things, but it ain't workin for me, can sum1 please help. lots of ppl waiting out here
    i know what Jailbreak is

My phone can't send sms too. It can receive though. I can only read in the preview screen. When I click on the SMS button, it opens to a blank notepad screen, and it just shuts it immediately.

I get the same problem, using Orange network in Poland. What's additionally weird is that I was able to send SMS's without a problem for about 2 weeks after unlocking the phone and all of the sudden it stopped. I haven't upgraded the iphone software and I did try to reset the phone, no luck.

Same problem here in Romania, Orange carrier. All functions, except for sending SMS, work perfectly. Please someone enlighten us on how to proceed.
    Thanks

i got the same.
    any news here?

Must be a phone related issue, I was just in Romania last month and never had any problems on O2....

problem is on sim card,some models don't have service center number mounted, i found somewhere on forums you have to dial: *5005*7672* +servicecenternumber# then dial it will show setting succeeded service center address

16. The Following User Says Thank You to chilly For This Useful Post:

quirkyboy (02-01-2008)

I have the same problem, but I accidentally found out that if I once clear the conversation I will be able to send the message... but the thing is u have to do it every time you wanna send message.... anyways try it...

try clear the conversation and try to send the message again, it works for me, let me know if it works so I know I am not alone....
    Last edited by gonliao; 10-21-2007 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Is there a fix for this problem yet? I can´t send sms to anyone at all, and the problems stayed from 1.0.2 (iUnlock) to 1.1.1 (anySIM).. Please help!

Actualy it is not problem You have to put in SMS center number for Your GSM provider:

*5005*7672*XXXXXXXX# Call

where XXXXXXXX is number of SMS center and SMS should work.

did the sms center reset and right number but still cant send!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaka57 View Post
    Actualy it is not problem You have to put in SMS center number for Your GSM provider:

*5005*7672*XXXXXXXX# Call

where XXXXXXXX is number of SMS center and SMS should work.
    ok guys this wont work. i struggled for a very long time before i figured it out. this is the case.

on some way, iphone deletes the sms service number build in into the simcard. even if you add the service number this won't work.

this is what you do to solve all sms issues.

1) take out the simcard
    2) put it into a another non iphone phone
    3) send 2 sms, to your self one to a friend
    4) take it out
    5) put it back into iphone and it works.

good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast