Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unable to connect to Cellular Data Network

i do have the DataPlus (200MB) package. Speaking about APN, when I tried to create a profile with 'unlockit.nz', I got a message “only 1 profile can be installed at a time" can't seem to find it.
    So, if I decided to update to 4.2.1 from 4.1, all i need is do a restore without backup? What could have happend when it not working? I was told that jailbroken/unlocked devices don't like update, it could damage the phone.
    or should i do "reset all settings" and then update?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tmatt1 View Post
    i do have the DataPlus (200MB) package. Speaking about APN, when I tried to create a profile with 'unlockit.nz', I got a message “only 1 profile can be installed at a time" can't seem to find it.
    So, if I decided to update to 4.2.1 from 4.1, all i need is do a restore without backup? What could have happend when it not working? I was told that jailbroken/unlocked devices don't like update, it could damage the phone.
    or should i do "reset all settings" and then update?
    Okay, so you do have the right plan. That's a start.

Profiles are located in the General section of the Settings/Preferences app. That's probably why you're having trouble in the first place: there's already something overriding your iPhone's settings.

What is said about JB devices 'not liking updates' is that you can't update the iPhone's firmware using iTune's Update button. Doing so could cause your phone to become unusable until a full restore.
    JB users typically have to restore (usually DFU restore) to a customized firmware. This will be necessary for you, as your phone has the iPad baseband and won't accept anything but a custom/pwned firmware (which requires pwnagetool).

I wouldn't bother resetting your settings before restoring, as that might end up causing you more trouble than it's worth. Just grab/make a custom 4.2.1 firmware and restore to it.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GenesisDH For This Useful Post:

tmatt1 (02-09-2011)

Where can I get a custom FW4.2.1?
    For Windows, I will use the TinyUmbrlla instead of pwnagetool to update. Do I need to jailbreak and unlock again after the update?

BTW, I already uninstalled Ultrasnow
    Last edited by tmatt1; 02-09-2011 at 09:50 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tmatt1 View Post
    Where can I get a custom FW4.2.1?
    For Windows, I will use the TinyUmbrlla instead of pwnagetool to update. Do I need to jailbreak and unlock again after the update?

BTW, I already uninstalled Ultrasnow
    You'll have to search for yourself or get a friend with a Mac help you make one. Custom firmwares contain copyrighted content, so it can't be linked to on this forum.

As for your second question, most custom firmwares made by pwnagetool are pre-jailbroken. Unlocking isn't necessary unless you plan to use another carrier in addition to at&t.
    Last edited by GenesisDH; 02-11-2011 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Answered second question
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12