Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: possible att customer

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default possible att customer
    Am currently on Tmobile with an unlocked 3GS but i recently bought an IP4 and jailbroke it because i have the intention of trying out the AT&T service. I was under the impression that if you had your own phone and went to sign up for ATT service you did not have to be on a contract but a sales man told me otherwise. Now my question is whats the benefit of buying a unsubsidized iphone which will be more expensive to buying one through ATT at a discounted price? Just the ability to have it already jailbroken vs having to wait for a future jailbreak for the newest fw? Anything else?
    Last edited by illmatic801; 02-06-2011 at 11:56 AM.

You should not have to sign a new contract if you have your own equipment or if you are buying the phone out right,. You will have to sign saying you acknowledge that there will be a monthly data plan on your account. But that is not a binding 2 year contract.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Quote Originally Posted by Westerman View Post
    You should not have to sign a new contract if you have your own equipment or if you are buying the phone out right,. You will have to sign saying you acknowledge that there will be a monthly data plan on your account. But that is not a binding 2 year contract.
    Would it be possible to activate existing sim card(w/c was not activated) from att that you bought and activate it in another country? (activate it in att website)

Does it still work? Like you have service on it now

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Quote Originally Posted by Westerman View Post
    Does it still work? Like you have service on it now
    not receiving any service since opened.. is there a possible way?..

(got it activated as a Gophone, but when entering my account, i dont receive any SMS for the new pin, coz i dont have any service)

Then no.