Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "AT&T data plan loop-hole"

oh ok, so wat will it say when u r on the 2g? i was told by an att rep that my account is still showing that im using a iphone 4 atm. Although the data on my iphone 2g is working right now no issues wat so ever. My plan still says data pro 2gb while on the 2g. I have not yet made the switch back to my 4 yet. Any suggestions?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

er well it WILL NOT say anything about datapro 2G or tethering, and the price will be 30$. once you get into the 2G usig a non micro sim, restore the iphone 2G and add it to your plan via itunes (its the inly way). wait for the text and check online, then go back to non 2G and wait

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Do I really need iphone 2g or can I simply call in an tell em I have one. I could provide a legit IMEI and Serial Number to an iphone 2g.

well if u can provide a legit IMEI and a sim ICCID u should be cool.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I don't think so.....

It happens in iTunes when your first setting up the iPhone.

Don't know how you'd do it

mine didnt work when i went through itunes, i had to call att and speak to customer care to get them to transfer everything. I was getting an email from itunes saying iphone activation was cancelled.

all u have to do is tell att ur ip4 was sent out for repair and u needed to use ur 1st gen iphone and didnt wanna go over on data cuz the first one uses edge and ur plan is for 3g. Tell them that u want the iphone 1st gen plan and theyll be able to change it on their end manually, they may have to take it up to a higher up to change it but they can do it. They ask for the sim number and the imei number thats all.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

I just did the loop hole , and yes you do need the iPhone 2G. All you have to do is make up some story on why your using the iPhone 2G. Tell them to change the imei #. update your phone or restore then it will ask you add the data plan. Only thing that sucks is you lose your FAN discount.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12