Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New guy here...Iphone 4 with at&t blue

Default New guy here...Iphone 4 with at&t blue
    Hello everyone. I am new here and wanted to introduce myself. I am currently an at&t legacy or at&t blue customer. I have been unlocking phones for probably 5-6 years now nokias, iphones, etc. I have been through the SCR's a few times. Couple of points I have learned:

-There is no such thing as a 3G sim card. My blue card works great on 3G. This was a ploy to get the legacy people updated and on the new system.
    -CSR's really struggle to get the old legacy plans modified. Many times I have been told it is two different systems. Hence the reason we are limited in what we can do.
    - I have used Iphone 2g, 3g, &3gs on my legacy plan with unlimited mModes (all unlocked of coarse). at&t can see that I am using an iphone but are so limited in what they can do with the account they can't add a proper iPhone plan.

Well that is a brief intro, I am currently working on getting an iphone 4 working with my blue sim. I have ordered the sim cutter (have backups just in case I destroy it, although I have heard people say that they can't get the replacement sims activated. I will cross that bridge when I get to it.) I got a really good deal on this phone with the old 1.59.00 baseband. So, the plan is to jailbreak and unlock and see how it goes.

The reason I am posting is trying to see if anyone has already done this and if there are any tricks to it. I have heard the facetime issues but I am not sure what people are having issues with. Also, I have heard talk of issues with iphone texting plans. I don't have a texting plan I just pay per message and get free incoming messages.(love email->text and vise versa) I haven't texted enough to have to worry about it. It works without issue on my 3G. The only real trick with the 3G is the internet settings but those are easily fixed with the unlockit.nz.....

Sorry for the long post but I just had a lot of thoughts I wanted to get out. I have been a "watcher" for some time I figured it was time to become active in the community. If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to contact me. I have helped a lot of people with their iphone issues including complete disassembly of the iphone.

Well I took the plunge. I was able to jailbreak the Iphone 4 with limera1n on 4.0.2 and BB-1.59.00. I then unlock it. I first tried my tmobile test sim using my handy dandy sim cutter. Put it in worked like a charm. It then came time to cut my precious AT&T blue sim. Put it in and noticed some of the contact area was going to get cut. I looked through the sim and could tell that the chip inside was safe. So, to help the cutter, I scored the contacts where the cutter was going to cut them so the cutter wouldn't lift the contacts off of the card. Held my breath and cut it. Looked good. So, I put it in my Iphone 4 and it worked! I have tested most of the features. The only things I didn't get to check is facetime and mms. I don't have an mms plan so I am not too worried about that. I guess I will have to find someone with face time to test it. Oh well, if anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks