Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone 2G sim in unlocked iphone 3gs. (will it automatically change my plan?)

Thanks
    Default IPhone 2G sim in unlocked iphone 3gs. (will it automatically change my plan?)
    First of all this is my first post on my first day to MODMYI. I am pleased to meet all of you. I have a question that I hope someone can help me to answer. I activated a Iphone 2G (No Contract on ATT) and was later given a Iphone 3gs by a friend. the 3GS is unlocked and jailbroken (running 3.0.1 - 04.26.08) I want to put my 2G sim in the 3GS but I'm afraid that it might screw with my billing/data plan. does anyone know if the bill will only go up by 10$ or also if it will remove my 200 free text messages? currently I am on the unlimited data + 200 bundle and the 450 minutes plan. Thanks in advance guys and girls.

P.S. I know this has been discussed here before but there was never a definitive answer given.
    Last edited by sal_osx; 07-12-2010 at 07:20 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I don't know all the plans AT&T has offered for iPhones but is your current plan an AT&T iPhone plan? If it is then it shouldn't change.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Thanks
    It's the first Iphone plan they had for the old school and now prehistoric IPhone 2G.

That's a good question. They are doing REAL sweeps now. I still haven't been caught using medianet (razr plan) but my girlfriend did just last week and they automatically switched the plan. Oh and she was fine using the 2g for about a year. when the sweep caught her she had just put the sim in to a 3g. I was using the 3g for a year and put the sim in a 3gs without issue.
    Last edited by techierob; 07-16-2010 at 07:58 PM.

Thanks
    Hmm... Well I'm going to go ahead and do it. I'll report back here to let you all know what happens if anything.
    Last edited by sal_osx; 07-13-2010 at 05:17 PM.

So you are 3 days in... Still running strong with old plan?

Thanks
    So far so good. It's been 2 1/2 days and my plan remains the same. If anything changes I'll post it here.