Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Issues using internet over the 3G network

Default Issues using internet over the 3G network
    Hi all

I recently upgraded to OS 4.0 on my iphone 3gs. After I did this, the internet on my phone stopped working entirely unless I am connected to a wireless network. I have tried a restore but did not have any success. I can still use the phone and text message but anything internet related (voicemail included) does not work. I did previously jailbreak my phone using the Spirit jailbreak and noticed that the AT&T logo is still replaced with my name and I still have a numerical percentage next to my battery icon, both of which I added when my iphone was jailbroken. I have a newer iphone that had the new bootrom unfortunately or I would jailbreak again. Any idea or suggestions? I am getting desperate but I do not want to have to contact apple since there is evidence of my phone being jailbroken on it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Try restoring and setting up as new phone instead of from backup. Just make sure your pictures are backed up and you sync your contacts, also you will lose all your texts.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Thanks that seems to have worked. Heh now I feel kind of silly that I didn't think of that myself. Oh well it is working now so no complaints.