Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 not calling viocemail

iPhone? More like MyPhone posrjak's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 not calling viocemail
    Ok I am in need of some help. I have the new iPhone 4 and At&t service but I am on my company's Blackberry plan. Since I have no access to account I had to cut down my old sim card to get it to fit in the mini sim tray of the iPhone 4. Now when I go to phone and then to voice mail it doesn't work. I have never had visual voice mail in pervious iPhone models but now it has gotten worse.

Questions?

1 does anyone else have this issue?
    2 do you know if cutting the sim card down has anything to do with it? Everything else works great, phone and data all work just fine.
    3 Anybody now of a way active the mini sim card with At&t without going into At&t. I have tried and since it is a cooperate account I have not access, and my work doesn't support using personal devices on Company accounts. (bummer)

I have searched (Google was not my friend) and haven't gotten any luck. I believe it has to do with the sim card but looking for some confirmation. If I call my number from my phone it goes right into voicemail...maybe I am missing a setting? When I go to the voice mail is only gives me the option of calling AT&T.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.png  

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Since you aren't on an iPhone plan you won't have the visual voicemail. On another note AT&T will sooner or later know you are on an iPhone and start charging your company for an iPhone plan.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Thanks

Thanks for the info, I believe the cooperate account is the same price as the unlimited iPhone plan, so if the did switch it shouldn't be a big deal.

I have never had visual voicemail and that never bothered me. But on older iphones with a the full sim card it would call the voicemail number.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

In your original post you said "If I call my number from my phone it goes right into voicemail" at the end so I assumed you were still able to access your voicemail just not visual voicemail?
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Thanks

Sorry for the confusion, if I go into the phone app and hit the key pad and dial my own number it goes striaght to voicemail. If I hit the voicemail button it goes to the screen shot, when it use to call my voicemail.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

im interested in this I have a family plan set up i have had the iphone 2g, 3g, and 3gs and have not had any issues with the data plan. im on the media net and all i have to do is add a different apn so that i can get online.
    Att has sent me emails and text i even called them and told them that i "Tested my sim in a friends iphone" but they did not go any further. I have gone into the apple store and exchanged iphones that i bought on CL and had no issues.
    I dont have visual voice mail currently on the 3gs. i touch the voice mail and it it just sends me to the voicemail box. is the 4 doing this on all Voice mails?

Thanks

Try thi out
    iPhone: How To Activate/Deactivate/Enable/Disable (Visual)VoiceMail Tap! 3mr (3 means A!)
    See what happens
    Last edited by KoolMan0; 07-02-2010 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I had the same screen but I cut my sim from my 3GS. I just called ATT and they said my visual voicemail somehow got disabled. They fixed it and I'm good to go. I think you have to call them to fix.

Thanks

Yes mine works now too! Thanks for the help!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

so you guys had to call att and have them activate the vvm?
    are you guys on the official iphone plan?

Thanks

No I didn't have to call, not really sure why mine started to work. I think it might have been because I called my own number on my iPhones key pad. I am not on an official iPhone plan.