Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: iphone 2g mms questions
03-01-2010, 05:28 PM #1iphone 2g mms questions
1. i am on a shared plan with my g-parents. may sister and grandmother have the LG Xenon, grandfather has iPhone 3g and i have the 2g. all have mms ability except me (grandfather has it thanks to the september mms release to 3g and 3gs), does this mean that my plan has mms and wap push enabled? and does it apply to my phone?
2. i have unlimited text and so do the other mentioned people. does this mean i have the Family unlimited messaging plan? does that also mean mms is enabled on the plan?
iv done just about everything under the sun short of calling at&t to get mms. iv tried several different native mms mods, i get the little camera button and everything. still no mms. help.benm. no luck. patched carrier files, patched commcenter file, sim card swap (works for a second then no more). im thinking about trying swirlymms but i havnt seen any post about it working on my specific setup so im not gonna buy it until i know theres a good chance itll work. and i cant call at&t because i dont have the required info to change account settings (for obvious reasons, its in my g-parents name and they dont think they shud give me there ssn). so calling is out of the question.
my setup is as follows:
iPhone 2G 8gb
carrier: AT&T 5.6
Jailbroken via Redsn0w 0.9.2
modem firm: 04.05.04_G
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com:80
if anyone can help that would be awesome!
Last edited by G*Rock; 03-01-2010 at 05:35 PM.
03-02-2010, 08:54 PM #2
1. Open Cydia
3. Edit>Add "http://cydia.ifoneguide.nl"
4. Search "Native MMS iPhone 2G"
5. Restart your phone
6. Go to http://m.peacefulinsanity.com/tether.mobileconfig in safari.
7. Install it
9. Should be working, if not PM me.yoTelefonoTresG, now introducing...
say "Amen Brotha!" or "thanks a bunch!", click that "Thanks!" button!
The Following User Says Thank You to yoTelefonoCuatro For This Useful Post:
02-09-2011, 09:18 PM #3