Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: looking for a definitive answer to this question

Default looking for a definitive answer to this question
    ok, so i had been using an iphone 1st generation unlocked/jailbroken for almost a year, then att found out i had the iphone and was about to charge me the data plan fee if i didnt change phones by a certain date. Well my friend gave me his iphone 3g, and i was wondering if i jailbroke/unlocked it and then popped my simcard in it if there was a way that att doesnt see that i have an iphone but the phone i am currently using right now?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    as far as i know they see your (udid, weather you iPhone is jailbroken or not(i speak from experiance when i had a customer service rep tell me that my iPhone is jailbroken and they would not give me any support unless i fix that, thats where i filliped on them and never had a problem with it again)) that tells them what iphone you have... they will know what generation iPhone you have the first time you place the simcard into the iPhone and it connects to the internet or you make a call.
    Last edited by ip3; 01-07-2010 at 02:14 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

They will know.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

They know based on the IMEI from the phone that is registered with the network every time you place a call or access data.