Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can AT&T Prepaid Unlimited Talk&Text for $60 be used with iPhone?

Default Can AT&T Prepaid Unlimited Talk&Text for $60 be used with iPhone?
    Anyone have this new plan with the iPhone?
    iPhone 4 32GB. Jailbroken!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Technically it should work, but AT&T doesn't support (and doesn't officially condone) use of an iPhone on any GoPhone Pay As You Go plan. Just giving you heads up if you come across problems later...
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

I myself have been waiting too find out what the deal is with this new plan it seems pretty interesting im just not too sure about the coverage as I think that they dont hop from any tower only at&t's towers? and not as a regular plan that will use any tower

I'm using this plan on a 3G. I even got mms to work without a data plan, all i did was fill in the apn settings and viola!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Did you have to unlock your phone though? Or did it work with that?

Thanks

^^ ditto
    Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    Nothing is for free.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I find it funny that if you're not on a contract you can get talk and text unl for $60 but if you're on a contract it would cost $120 before tax. I think postpaid consumers should get the better deal. Anyway back to topic: you will get caught

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gQstatus05 View Post
    I find it funny that if you're not on a contract you can get talk and text unl for $60 but if you're on a contract it would cost $120 before tax. I think postpaid consumers should get the better deal. Anyway back to topic: you will get caught
    I have been using Prepaid on several different iPhones with no issues at all. I don't think they scan the accounts like they do for other plans.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

You should be ok for awhile

I've been using prepaid sims in iPhone since the iPhone was capable of being unlocked in 2007. There has never been a problem.

I even have unlimited Media Net on my sim that is no longer offered and have never had a problem using that on my iPhone.

Thanks

i never had a problem using prepaid sim and may go back to using after my expensive contract is up!

I cant get mms with my 2g iphone unlocked wth a gophone sim helps

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cantbuymelove86 View Post
    I cant get mms with my 2g iphone unlocked wth a gophone sim helps
    What I bolded is probably why it's not working.

Apparently AT&T still block MMS on 2G iPhones, by determining the IMEI of the phone you're using at the time. I've seen MMS disallowed on my 2G w/ GoPhone SIM, while my 3G on the same GoPhone account/SIM is allowed MMS access.

I am trying to get a gophone 3g sim card for my iPhone so I can possibly use this plan on 3.1.2 I just need to know if I need to unlock and if I can activate in my iPhone or do I need a old AT&T cell phone for activation. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post

Apparently AT&T still block MMS on 2G iPhones, by determining the IMEI of the phone you're using at the time. I've seen MMS disallowed on my 2G w/ GoPhone SIM, while my 3G on the same GoPhone account/SIM is allowed MMS access.
    Yes, they still block MMS on 2G iPhone plans. You can always upgrade your plan to a 3G plan as long as you have a IMEI number from a 3G phone. They will ask for that when you call.

MMS will then work on the original iPhone with the enable MMS mod in Cydia.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iNyc View Post
    I am trying to get a gophone 3g sim card for my iPhone so I can possibly use this plan on 3.1.2 I just need to know if I need to unlock and if I can activate in my iPhone or do I need a old AT&T cell phone for activation. Thanks
    To start up GoPhone service, you'll need a non-iPhone IMEI to give to AT&T. AT&T won't activate prepaid service on iPhones.

Afterwards, you can SIM-swap into the iPhone. If you have a 2G (or a non-US 3G iPhone), you'll need to use blackra1n or redsn0w to activate (and unlock if non-US 3G) for GoPhone use.

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post

This post is a couple of month old, so I'm guessing that you've discovered by now that MMS works with iPhone 2G. At least it does for my Tmobile prepaid sim...

Works flawlessy i been usin for last 6 months. Major negative is no data but i get data when wifi is available and very fast on top of that. Mms video voice note text works perfect and fast. Every i tell my 3 gs is prepaid they dont believe me lol.. Do it comes out to 64.xx$ a month.

Ok- i have read way too many of these saying it works. I can not get it to work, and i would like someone to help if they could. I doesnt make sense. I have followed what everyone said, and it continues to read no service.
    I have a Iphone 4.0 3G 16Gb, Ultrasnow installed, and uninstalled. STill- no service. Whats the deal?

Just fixed my phone- not easy.
    Technically- now.. u cant. They are Blacklisting Iphone IMEI#'s -

Maybe you can work with the APN settings- but doubt it.

IMEI is the key at the moment-

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast