Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3GS Internet Tethering after Carrier Update

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Post Iphone 3GS Internet Tethering after Carrier Update
    I have an iPhone 3G and an iPhone 3GS. I upgraded both of them to 3.1 and the 3G is jailbroken. I noticed that when ATT released the official carrier update file that internet tethering appeared on my 3GS but not my 3G. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Use iPhone Configuration Utility to adjust the network/carrier settings
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

^^ Are those speeds from a seedbox?
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abdulrahmanwells View Post
    I have an iPhone 3G and an iPhone 3GS. I upgraded both of them to 3.1 and the 3G is jailbroken. I noticed that when ATT released the official carrier update file that internet tethering appeared on my 3GS but not my 3G. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks in advance.
    I don't know what the problem is but yes, there are references to tethering in the 3.1 firmware. However, tethering won't work on 3.1.

3.1 disables tethering. Old news.

Tethering working on fw 3.1.2.

here's a screenshot

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTomago View Post
    Tethering working on fw 3.1.2.

here's a screenshot

Tell us some more about your phone, firmware, jailbreak status etc. Many people here would like to be in your position with regard to working tethering and we would appreciate knowing whether you did anything particular to get it working or whether you simply updated to 3.1.2.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to twitchthecat For This Useful Post:

oarce12 (01-24-2010)

iphone 3gs jb at 3.0.1, un-jb update to 3.1.2, with tethering already enabled. reupdate custom ipcc, tethering still working after reset, which means something didnt get changed inrelation to the iphone's setup before fw update. currently trying to figure that out. i reverted back to 3.0 using saurik's downgrade method. I currently comparing the usbethernetsharing.bundle between the two firmware. they're slightly different and may be the cause but i really doubt thats the culprit that disable the tethering button for many others. there might be a way to enable tethering for un-jb iphone but way of editing the backup files.
    Last edited by TomatoTomago; 10-10-2009 at 01:08 PM.

Thanks

Just so I'm clear, you had a jailbroken 3.0.1, updated through iTunes to 3.1.2, reapplied the StealthBravo 6.0 ipcc, and tethering still worked?

But you then downgraded to 3.0 to test stuff out?

I am on 3GS, 3.1, jb, using a custom 3.1 firmware. If I want to be in the position you were in, what steps would i need to take?

downgrade to 3.0 using stealth method, reapply 6.0 ipcc, then update with iTunes?

If your assistance ends with me having tethering, I will thank you daily.

Dunno. That one time was a hit or miss thing. kinda hard to replicate that scenario.
    No, I didnt use stealth's ipcc stuff. I'm trying to mix and match 3.0 and 3.1 files to see if i can replicate the part where 3.1 disable tethering but replicate it on 3.0.

this is why i am scared to go to 3.1 ...

works well on my 3.0

Thanks

Dunno. That one time was a hit or miss thing. kinda hard to replicate that scenario.
    No, I didnt use stealth's ipcc stuff. I'm trying to mix and match 3.0 and 3.1 files to see if i can replicate the part where 3.1 disable tethering but replicate it on 3.0.
    Thanks for the info. Keep us posted. I don't know about anyone else, but I am supremely jealous.

Okay, I just got tethering working on 3.1 jailbreak. I just need to test this out on another iphone fw 3.1+. if everything checks out, I'll post a how-to on it.

^^
    Please tell us soon!

yes im in for this sooooon i need it incredibly bad

Works fine on the 3G with the MMS and tethering and the 5.5 carrier file

Okay, I just got tethering working on 3.1 jailbreak. I just need to test this out on another iphone fw 3.1+. if everything checks out, I'll post a how-to on it.
    updates?

Red face desperate to tether
    i have 3gs on 3.1 jb with blackrain...Ive been reading the posts and thinking to update to 3.1.2 so i can enable tethering...is that the correct thing to do? I believe Blackrain can JB 3.1.2 Or should I wait for an iphone genius to post a how to do it on 3.1?

i have 3gs on 3.1 jb with blackrain ...Ive been reading the posts and thinking to update to 3.1.2 so i can enable tethering ...is that the correct thing to do I believe Blackrain can JB 3.1.2 Or should I wait for an iphone genius to post a how to do it on 3.1?
    Last edited by rampinshop; 10-13-2009 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Thanks

any update on this?

What ipcc where you using? Also, if you need some phones to test your method on, I have about 15 3g and 3 or 4 3gs I can try it out on. Right now what I'm noticing is that some phones are hit and miss. Some will somehow keep the tethering. Ones with the benm.at profile, plus a custom ipcc, that leave tethering on during the update from 3.0.1 to 3.1.2, and then re-jb, re-apply the custom ipcc, reset, and then try it, work fine. But if plugged in at anytime and allowed to begin tethering they fail and lose it. I can't really figure it out. If you want me to test it but don't want to reveal your methods to the masses yet just PM me and we'll figure it out. I have no shortage of phones to try it out on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast