Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi charges??

Default MyWi charges??
    will i get charged from at&t for tethering with mywi ??? thanks for anyones input.. am i limited to how much i can tether

Do you have tethering on your line? I assume not. It is against the ToS to tether w/o a tethering feature/package on your line. Technically, they could charge you $0.01/kb for data if they suspect you are tethering. (BTW, 50MB = $512)

There is no magic number to stop at, you just have to be careful. If you're smart, then you will only tether when you need the laptop, but have no internet access. Don't make it a regular thing. I'm sure that there are other members who tether all the time and never get caught. But if you are one of the unlucky ones, then you will be pretty much screwed. Have you ever read the threads about people having to pay $1K+ because they tethered?

And to set the record straight, any tethering app, be it PDANet, MyWi or the tethering hack on 3.0 does the same thing: provide 3G/2G internet to another device.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

timmyinpajamas (08-07-2009)

umm .. so i shouldnt tether ? .. dang it .. i just purchased mywi also