Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS by Late August???

Default MMS by Late August???
    I got bored on my lunch break today and called AT&T. The rep told me that they are working hard on the MMS thing, and that she guess (because even they are not not told all of the fine details) is that MMS should be ready by the third week in August and that tethering would be ready in late October/early November. Pricing would be the same as the Blackberry, and then she joked about how the iPhone plans and the blackberry plans were identical. She was a good rep, told me a lot of good "speculated" information. Better than AT&T themselves because we are still left in the dark about any of this.....thought i would pass this along to my fav msg board. Thanks everyone!

That's for those who may think MMS would be in 3.1 because of a possible carrier update or whatever...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Thats their estimate that people talked about when they announced they were screwed and had to change accounts manually.

Since it relies on the manual labor to remove the block on accounts, it may be earlier/later depending on how smooth it goes for them. I wouldn't be suprised if 3.1 had the global unlock of MMS for everyone at the same time ATT activated MMS on the iPhone.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

My guess is we won't see MMS till late November

Thanks

Depending on how AT&T does there databases/accounts, it shouldn't be all that much labor. I was told last week it would be September/October, so I'm guessing they don't even know.