Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T 3G order lost/stolen

Default AT&T 3G order lost/stolen
    Hey,

Just curious if anyone knows the answer to this. I bought an iPhone 3G 8GB with new service through AT&T, they shipped me the phone sealed of course but it was lost/stolen during delivery...was left at my door and someone stole the package. AT&T is giving me a hard time about getting it replaced.

If the person who stole the package uses the phone (even if they unlock it and use it on another carrier) can the lost/stolen phone be tracked/traced to them or have they just hit a home run with a free phone?

Tried posting this on the Apple forums but of course the control God's over there deleted it saying it was "off topic" lol.

Thanks.

Actually....you have the winning side. All at&t shipments have to be signed for. If you didn't sign for it, you didn't receive it. I know a guy who use never sign and called them griping saying he never received his phone and they would have to send another.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,198 Times in 6,210 Posts

Also the phone should be turned in as stolen, they will log the imei number and it should disable the phone. AT least the thief will not be able to use it.
    Sad story, sorry to hear it. Good luck.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Yup has do be signed for.

Actually, I bought the iphone 3GS online, and when the shipment came, the delivery guy just put it in front of my door, ring my bell one time and left. He covered it with my doormat. He didnt even wait for me to open the door. Lucky that I saw him through the window, and ran down. By the time I opened my door, he was already halfway walking back to the truck. He didnt ask me to sign anything at all. I really dont like how Fedex ship stuff! What ironic was that there were a bunch of mexican guys mowing the lawn in front of my house, and I actually caught them looking at my package when I opened the door. If I didnt come down on time, i think my package would be stolen.
    iPhone 4 32GB. Jailbroken!

Thanks

Yeah has to be signed for. LOL mexican guys mowing your lawn
    We have those too. hahaha.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I live in Southern California with very busy parents, what do you expect?
    They come by once a month and mow our lawn
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by istorm View Post
    bunch of mexican guys mowing the lawn in front of my house, and I actually caught them looking at my package

Unless he put that waiver of signature form outside he should be fine...
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Green Apple
    Thanks

2 things here. Why is AT&T giving you a hard time? Does the tracking info show that it was left at the front door without signature?

If the tracking info shows that it was left at the front door and you didnt sign for it then its pretty much an easy case that you win. If AT&T is giving you a hard time just let them know that you will just dispute it with your credit card company.

I actually ran into the same problem with my 3GS, they shipped me one and left it at the front door usually I pick up packages at fedex or ups myself after they attempt delivery. When I got home the packaage was obviously not there. When I called they saw the tracking info and saw that fedex commented that they left it at the front door.

The only problem i ran into was it took over 2 weeks as they said that Apple has to be involved in stolen Iphone cases. I found this wierd. After about 2 weeks i bytched to them that I wanted my money back because I can just walk into an Apple store now and get a phone and I have been waiting for too long. They ended up rolling back my upgrade and I purchased the phone at an apple store.

A week later I get another 3GS shipped to the house lol...

Thanks

lol. so two iPhone for the price of one? Or did you have to pay for both?

LOL this happened to my cousin when the 3g came out...His original 3G had something wrong with it so he called apple to replace it and then when it took too long for it to show up he called and complained more...that day a phone showed up, a week later, another phone showed up

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Thanks

nice!
    but he didn't have to pay for the extra one right?
    Free iPhone and then sell it on eBay and get another free iPhone

wtf Mexican guys mowing your loan? Ugh Angie you racist *****

Thanks

I'm not racist, I'm Californian
    And it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    nice!
    but he didn't have to pay for the extra one right?
    Free iPhone and then sell it on eBay and get another free iPhone
    He actually kept the other one as a spare phone...worked out too because my 3 year old niece threw his phone over the balcony at his house lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    wtf Mexican guys mowing your loan? Ugh Angie you racist *****
    Real nice BOB!

Thanks

ooh that must've been painful to watch.
    My friend brought his 32GB iPod Touch to Knotts one time and we went on Rip Tide and he left it in his pocket (and he was wearing shorts.. so pretty big pockets)...
    Well.. bye bye iPod.

Water damage is by far the worst thing to happen to any ipod or iphone