Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to get MMS on AT&T iPhone 2g with OS 3.0

Exclamation How to get MMS on AT&T iPhone 2g with OS 3.0
    I have tried walkthrough after walkthrough and i still cant get mms to work on my iphone 2g. I have the little camera button on the sms screen and can select pics to send but, the messages ALWAYS fail. i managed to send two via the "put SIM card in another phone trick" but it stopped after two. i have installed the "activatemms2g" mod and installed a custom mobileconfig file from help.benm.at or whatever its called and still no luck. the account is not in my name so i cant access the online account services at AT&T wireless website. Do i REALLY need it? Help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. i am somewhat literate as far as the technical stuff goes so any ideas are welcome...

Default ...
    looks like you have everything going good on your phone all setting im sure are rite. your going to have to call at&t and have them reset their back up server it tells them you are on a iphone. Tell them you are using an older phone for instance i told them i was using my old razr. I called at&t with the razr phone in front of me but i kept my sim in the iphone. they had me read the imei of the razr phone by dialing *#06# and they wanted all the mms setting off the phone, i told them i cant get them they have a little lock by it. They then switched me over to tech support and i told them i still cant get mms and internet to work on my razr. they finally got it working after 40 min on the phone with them, they kept sending me test mms messages and i would keep telling them im not getting them, after a long phone call, they kept telling me that their server keeps telling them im on an iphone, and im telling him im on a razr, well he said he had to manually go and tell the server its a razr, ever since then i have been able to get my iphone to work and send mms and videos. Also my swirly works too. I did this trick on my iphone 3g and it also works on my old iphone 2g as well. been working for 2weeks and i have sent manny videos and pictures!

So it is a matter of calling AT&T...sigh...I had hoped it wouldnt require that, but i think i can pull it off. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

By any chance do you know how to set up internet tethering? i havent put as much time in it as the mms.
    Last edited by G*Rock; 07-18-2009 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

loos like you forgot to replace the ipcc file. Check you have the cellular data option avaliable.

i do. and in settings -> general -> about the carrier is AT&T 5.0. is that correct?

Default ....
    you really dont need to update the ipcc, i did not do it to my phone iphone 3g and i did not do it to my wife's phone and hers is still the iphone 2g and they both work just fine!

okay from the top:
    1. i updated my ipcc file in iTunes
    2. i installed "activemms2g", reboot
    3. i installed mobileconfig from help.benm.blah blah blah for AT&T, reboot
    4. my cellular data read:
    Cellular Data
    APN: wap.cingular
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: CINGULAR!
    Visual Voicemail
    same as cellular data
    MMS
    APN: wap.cingular
    Username: WAP.CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: 066.209.011.032
    MMS Max Message Size: blank
    MMS UA Prof URL: blank

where did i go wrong?? besides calling AT&T, that is.

iPhone? More like MyPhone JustinPizzle's Avatar
    Thanks

well, you could take a look at my walkthrough, might help. and itll keep it working.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t/67821...-att-july.html

and, you need to call ATT. just read my post.
    Last edited by JustinPizzle; 07-22-2009 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

no working dudeee