Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 63

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: MMS on iphone 3Gs by sales rep.

  1. #41
    Livin the iPhone Life ALL DAY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chit-Chat
    Posts
    2,277
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 196 Times in 163 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post
    You are kidding right? I am not going to get into a pissing match here, but seriously? You are really going to tell me that AT&T can't handle MMS for a few million customers? Or that it is an incredible strain on their system to "opt in" their iPhone customers? Really. They have millions more that are capable of creating just as much strain on their system with blackberries, but I don't see them being restricted. I don't see then cutting out Internet, tethering, MMS, or any other service forthat matter. I don't see any restrictions on adding things like XM radio, or GPS. No limits on watching tv in any other capable phones on their network.

    Do you honestly believe that it is straining their system to activate this simple function, that puts less of a strain than web surfing, emailing, or streaming radio all day long? Do you believe that they can create a tool that sweeps iPhone accounts, and fixes incorrect settings (hence the loss of mms for those who get it working), a tool to prevent us from actually getting MMS, but making a tool to activate it for us is just too much strain?

    Do you actually believe that they only had two weeks to make it work before the 3.0 update came out? So they are sooo inept, that they had no clue that this feature was coming?

    I just can't not respond to that. I SCREAM BULL!!! While the iPhone does account for a large part of their customer base, it by no means is the bulk of it. They have had plenty of time to prepare for this simple function. I mean it's not even available on ALL of those iPhones (even though they are all capable). So please don't band wagon these bull excuses. They are about as believable as Apple telling us that the first gen iPhone is capable of text, email (with pictures),wifi, Twitter, IM (again with pictures), stream radio, stream movies(Orb Live), tell me where my friends are(Looped I believe), tell me where I can find Chinese food, the cheapest gas, read books, buy music,movies,apps,movie tickets, and countless other functions, but it is incapable of sending and recieving a simple picture with a text.

    Yeah, you go on with that story.
    Since there was just a massive worldwide launch for a Blackberry and they all got MMS at the same time, right? Strong logic.

    Again, point being you shouldn't be ******** about a feature that you knew wouldn't be included at launch when it was your decision to download the software/purchase the phone. Looks like a T-Mobile Nokia is what you need, boss.

    /thread

    EDIT: Sorry in advance CP/Zwayne...
    Last edited by ALL DAY; 07-22-2009 at 02:20 AM.
    Respect your elders.

  2. #42
    Theme Creator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of confusion
    Posts
    1,144
    Thanks
    514
    Thanked 645 Times in 424 Posts

    We are not talking about the rest of the world here, unless you want to point out how pretty much every other country and carrier that has MMS available to their other customers, was ready for the launch. We are however talking about the only carrier that is legitimately available in the US. The only carrier in the products home country. And really, trying to get MMS working is no different than trying to get any other feature working that you know it's capable of, and some have working.

    So yes, my logic is strong. As for all of the ********...well you see that with many subjects, but yes, the MMS complaint is very loud. But then, that was no different than all of the 3g owners ******** because they couldn't get the cheap upgrade price, even though they knew that it required a two year contract before they would be eligible for said discount. And what was the result of all of that ********?

    I don't need another carrier or phone, I just need the legit carrier to allow the functions that the mnufacturer promises. And yes, it should be ready at launch, just like the REST OF THE WORLD. you don't see car manufacturers selling cars with air conditioning available in all countries but here... Until late summer.

    I am not ********, jut pointing out what should be obvious. And there is no need for you to apologize to the mods, we are simply discussing the issue, spiritedly perhaps, but I am not offended by someone attempting to make their point...even if they fail to do do so.

  3. #43
    Livin the iPhone Life ALL DAY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chit-Chat
    Posts
    2,277
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 196 Times in 163 Posts

    Okay, nationwide launch...

    Why should it be ready at launch? AT&T said it wouldn't, so I can't understand why some people are too ignorant to take note of that and keep complaining. Does everyone really think they should have delayed the launch until early August when MMS was ready and screwed their product cycle and marketing? It makes no sense to cater to the priorities of relatively few versus the masses. Business Economics 101.

    And I try to stay out of the mods way while destroying illogical arguments since I know there are a few important people who aren't a fan of me for various reasons and other past 'transgressions'...
    Respect your elders.

  4. #44
    Theme Creator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of confusion
    Posts
    1,144
    Thanks
    514
    Thanked 645 Times in 424 Posts

    I don't understand what you are destroying, common sense says that you have a product ready for launch, period. I don't care what the product cycle is...but the company that chose AT&T as a partner should care. But then we have seen just how concerned Apple is with pleasing it's customers. As I've already stated, you should have a product ready for launch. Common sense 101. They have had since they signed the first agreement with Apple to handle their side of the deal. There are no excuses for it not working.

    Everyone doesn't think they should have delayed the launch. If you read what most people posted, then you would understand that MOST people believe that AT&T should have had their **** together. Especially since it is the hottest smart phone on the market right now, and they continue to loose (iPhone) customers because they don't have their **** together.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to 1hihum For This Useful Post:

    JustinPizzle (07-27-2009)

  6. #45
    iPhone? More like MyPhone JustinPizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    212
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts

    ^+1

  7. #46
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,021
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 115 Times in 112 Posts

    Both valid arguments. I could see this going around and around for days haha. Either way we still don't have mms

  8. #47
    Livin the iPhone Life ALL DAY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chit-Chat
    Posts
    2,277
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 196 Times in 163 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post
    I don't understand what you are destroying, common sense says that you have a product ready for launch, period. I don't care what the product cycle is...but the company that chose AT&T as a partner should care. But then we have seen just how concerned Apple is with pleasing it's customers. As I've already stated, you should have a product ready for launch. Common sense 101. They have had since they signed the first agreement with Apple to handle their side of the deal. There are no excuses for it not working.

    Everyone doesn't think they should have delayed the launch. If you read what most people posted, then you would understand that MOST people believe that AT&T should have had their **** together. Especially since it is the hottest smart phone on the market right now, and they continue to loose (iPhone) customers because they don't have their **** together.
    And I'm saying that it's a massive operation to activate MMS for that many people in a one-two week timespan no matter how long there was to prepare. Therefore, to have this miniscule feature of the product available for launch they would have had to delay the launch, which Apple NEVER would have stood for.

    I don't even understand what you're arguing anymore... AT&T should have been ready? Well, they're not for reasons unbeknown to you and I because they couldn't be; you don't think they wanted to be ready to avoid all of the whining people who they knew wouldn't pay attention if they said it would be delayed? Complaining about it won't make it go faster, nor will slanging about unrelated comparisons and false facts.

    If you're that unsatisfied with it don't get the phone until all the features you want are implemented. Buying things that you know you won't be satisfied with until a later date out of impatience? Sounds like your consumerist tendencies are a little out of check with how the world of retail works. ('You' being a general term for everyone complaining about this, don't want to be going after one person alone ).

    By the way, the percentage of customers they might be losing due to MMS not being integrated yet (haha) is 100% negligible.
    Last edited by ALL DAY; 07-23-2009 at 12:52 PM.
    Respect your elders.

  9. #48
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    278
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts

    I say we all stop arguing, be friends, and lets wait for mms to be provisioned together.... :-) cant help but think of the song, why cant we be friends? lol

  10. #49
    iPhone? More like MyPhone slidingmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    That one place
    Posts
    143
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    Let's delay the launch of a new product for one single feature that we were told wouldn't be included to start off with and thus screw up the entire Apple iPhone product cycle. Way to think this one through, my man; watch out guys, future CEO coming up here.

    Maybe if people weren't going and making it happen on their own in the beta and after launch day we'd have it by now... (Obviously I don't believe this, but think about it).
    btw, thats not what he was saying. AT&T should of already been on top of this because obviously it works. He didn't say it should of been delayed because of the MMS, but it sure as heck should of already been working.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to slidingmike For This Useful Post:

    1hihum (07-26-2009)

  12. #50
    Livin the iPhone Life ALL DAY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chit-Chat
    Posts
    2,277
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 196 Times in 163 Posts

    Why 'should' it have? I understand what he's saying, but AT&T said prior to the launch of 3.0 they wouldn't be ready with it at launch so I don't understand where everyone's self-righteous sense of entitlement to MMS at launch came from. I'd like MMS just like everyone else, but I understand that things take time and have patience.

    The only way that would have happened is if they would have delayed the launch. Period. Hence the fictionl point about delaying the launch. It's comical to think that AT&T isn't doing anything about it right now when people are complaining to them about it. It's coming, people; and just because it works for those .01% of iPhone owners who modify their carrier files doesn't mean it's ready for use by millions of people.

    I can't argue this anymore against stubborn people who refuse to understand the situation. It's a borderline idiotic argument, especially when the facts are all out there for everyone yet people ignore them.
    Respect your elders.

  13. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    Why 'should' it have? I understand what he's saying, but AT&T said prior to the launch of 3.0 they wouldn't be ready with it at launch so I don't understand where everyone's self-righteous sense of entitlement to MMS at launch came from. I'd like MMS just like everyone else, but I understand that things take time and have patience.

    The only way that would have happened is if they would have delayed the launch. Period. Hence the fictionl point about delaying the launch. It's comical to think that AT&T isn't doing anything about it right now when people are complaining to them about it. It's coming, people; and just because it works for those .01% of iPhone owners who modify their carrier files doesn't mean it's ready for use by millions of people.

    I can't argue this anymore against stubborn people who refuse to understand the situation. It's a borderline idiotic argument, especially when the facts are all out there for everyone yet people ignore them.
    Right on Target! like you have said! it works with 0.1% and with those that have a factory unlocked iphone! Between MMS and Tether is a lost cause, no one seems to understand that we need to wait as simple as that!

  14. #52
    Theme Creator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of confusion
    Posts
    1,144
    Thanks
    514
    Thanked 645 Times in 424 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gordo2150 View Post
    Right on Target! like you have said! it works with 0.1% and with those that have a factory unlocked iphone! Between MMS and Tether is a lost cause, no one seems to understand that we need to wait as simple as that!
    I am done arguing about this crap. It makes no sense to argue with people who are obviously trolling a thread about a subject they claim to be soooo tired of hearing about. Any one with common sense understands that a company providing support for a product should be ready for it's launch...period. We are not talking about some new groundbreaking service here, but I don't need to explain that to...well to most of the people here.

    What I find most amazing though, is how you can sit here and tell people to stop complaining about MMS, and Tethering for that matter, and that "Between MMS and Tether is a lost cause, no one seems to understand that WE need to WAIT as simple as that!" And yet you post in another thread, just two days ago... From gordo2150...The ATT LG Incite has the PDA/Tethering data option an is about 60.00 per month, so that's the service I have been using on my 3GS for almost a month and a few days! the speed is real nice compare to my girls Unlimited data service. (right now some folks my be clocking around "0.58Mbps, but with the incite PDA/Tether service I'm getting 2.73Mbps on my 3GS, I know that soon ATT will charge for it! the same way they will do to MMS.
    Digg


    I would ask you to explain to me how your argument makes any sense given you are using Tethering yourself...RIGHT NOW, while telling everyone here they have to wait, but honestly, I give give a ****. I just found it rather amusing.

    Have a nice day now, and how about just stick to the subjects that YOU CLAIM to WANT to hear about, and let others discuss the subjects they care about.

  15. #53
    Livin the iPhone Life ALL DAY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chit-Chat
    Posts
    2,277
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 196 Times in 163 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gordo2150 View Post
    Right on Target! like you have said! it works with 0.1% and with those that have a factory unlocked iphone! Between MMS and Tether is a lost cause, no one seems to understand that we need to wait as simple as that!
    ^For me though, it's not even about that, I love hacking and will be the first to advocate it in most forms, but it's counter-productive to complain about things that 1)you knew about when you bought your product and 2)are out of your control. If you want MMS now, hack it up; if not, sit down, shut up, stop complaining and be patient or go and return your phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post
    I am done arguing about this crap. It makes no sense to argue with people who are obviously trolling a thread about a subject they claim to be soooo tired of hearing about. Any one with common sense understands that a company providing support for a product should be ready for it's launch...period. We are not talking about some new groundbreaking service here, but I don't need to explain that to...well to most of the people here.
    So you're saying they should have delayed the launch then, right?

    They couldn't have it ready in time. Period. You don't think they tried? Sounds like it's a consumer error here, purchasing a product with features you knew wouldn't be integrated until a later date.

    http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/phones/ :: You can find the Nokias on the left hand side there.
    Respect your elders.

  16. #54
    Theme Creator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of confusion
    Posts
    1,144
    Thanks
    514
    Thanked 645 Times in 424 Posts

    How many times are you going to ask me if I thought that they should have delayed the launch? May if I put in another color you will understand itTHEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN READY FOR THE SCHEDULED LAUNCH! the defenition of ready is to be prepared for coming events. And for the record, I am not ******** about it not being ready, I am not complaining to AT&T, or Apple, or anyone else. I am however simply stating that your argument over why it's not available is laughable. And I don't understand why you are even posting in this thread, given your opinion on the matter. Why bash people for trying get somehing working even though the "We Say So Company" says we can't. After all, that's how we got the jailbreak in the first place. That is how people got the phone to work on T Mobile.

  17. #55
    Livin the iPhone Life ALL DAY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chit-Chat
    Posts
    2,277
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 196 Times in 163 Posts

    Probably as many times as you say they should have had MMS ready. Did you, per chance, read my last post? I like hacking; I have nothing against anyone trying to get MMS working.

    Wah wah, they should have been ready. Maybe if I put it in a different color you'll understand: They're not. They couldn't be. It's over.
    Just for good measure: Should they have delayed the launch since it couldn't be ready then?

    My argument is laughable? Bold statement, however I guess buying a product without a feature you want then complaining about how it should have been ready for you must be as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    Unsupported Browser :: You can find the Nokias on the left hand side there.
    Patience is a virtue.
    Last edited by ALL DAY; 07-26-2009 at 05:36 PM.
    Respect your elders.

  18. #56
    Theme Creator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of confusion
    Posts
    1,144
    Thanks
    514
    Thanked 645 Times in 424 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    Probably as many times as you say they should have had MMS ready. Did you, per chance, read my last post? I like hacking; I have nothing against anyone trying to get MMS working.

    Wah wah, they should have been ready. Maybe if I put it in a different color you'll understand: They're not. They couldn't be. It's over.
    Just for good measure: Should they have delayed the launch since it couldn't be ready then?

    My argument is laughable? Bold statement, however I guess buying a product without a feature you want then complaining about how it should have been ready for you must be as well.



    Patience is a virtue.

    Alright...let's move on, shall we. How about this, are you seeing any real speed improvements after removing all of the extra languages from your phone?

  19. #57
    iPhone? More like MyPhone JustinPizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    212
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts

    Lol. Wow. Ok I just check up on this old thread assuming it would have died...

    But aparently not.
    @allday
    I don't think they have said anything about products launch delays,

    @everyone who seems to be arguing with him :P
    He is right about it being a heavy load to switch plans like that.


    My personal opinion is that ATT had quite a bit of time, they are a large company, witha large end user
    but that should also mean larger amounts of man power to cope with situations such as these.

    Allday, what your saying about it being the uses fault, that's simply not true.
    We have been asking for MMS
    for a long time. We still bought our phones, but want MMS.
    May I remind you that when the original iPhone was released apple promised "frequent software and feature updates"
    if I'm not mistaken.

    AT&T had literaly moths, was it April when the 3.0 beta 1 was seeded? (sorry can't remember)
    but it was quite a while. And MMS was inscluded in that release. AT&T should have gotten tipped off, either by apple, or been watching apple for features.
    I'm not sure but someone, somewhere in that many month span, should have found something.


    For the excuse that there are so many users and plans to change.
    Well they need to be able to handle their user quantaty no?

    You start a store.
    You have 3 customers a day.
    You have 2 employes.
    Next week you hve 300 customers.
    How do you handle that? More respurses,
    your going to need more stock, and in this case,
    more man power to "help" the customers.

    Yes they did say that it wouldn't be ready
    that still doesn't mean that it's ok.
    That doesn't change the fact that they failed to match up to apples deadline

    Just thought of something after re reading my post

    "apples deadlines"
    remember the "September" push deadline?
    :P
    lolololololololol
    Last edited by JustinPizzle; 07-27-2009 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  20. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post
    I am done arguing about this crap. It makes no sense to argue with people who are obviously trolling a thread about a subject they claim to be soooo tired of hearing about. Any one with common sense understands that a company providing support for a product should be ready for it's launch...period. We are not talking about some new groundbreaking service here, but I don't need to explain that to...well to most of the people here.

    What I find most amazing though, is how you can sit here and tell people to stop complaining about MMS, and Tethering for that matter, and that "Between MMS and Tether is a lost cause, no one seems to understand that WE need to WAIT as simple as that!" And yet you post in another thread, just two days ago... From gordo2150...The ATT LG Incite has the PDA/Tethering data option an is about 60.00 per month, so that's the service I have been using on my 3GS for almost a month and a few days! the speed is real nice compare to my girls Unlimited data service. (right now some folks my be clocking around "0.58Mbps, but with the incite PDA/Tether service I'm getting 2.73Mbps on my 3GS, I know that soon ATT will charge for it! the same way they will do to MMS.
    Digg


    I would ask you to explain to me how your argument makes any sense given you are using Tethering yourself...RIGHT NOW, while telling everyone here they have to wait, but honestly, I give give a ****. I just found it rather amusing.

    Have a nice day now, and how about just stick to the subjects that YOU CLAIM to WANT to hear about, and let others discuss the subjects they care about.
    Easy! I have a Factory Unlocked Cell phone!

  21. #59
    Livin the iPhone Life ALL DAY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chit-Chat
    Posts
    2,277
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 196 Times in 163 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post

    Alright...let's move on, shall we. How about this, are you seeing any real speed improvements after removing all of the extra languages from your phone?
    Fair enough; we're not even arguing about the same thing anymore anyway.

    I haven't taken them out yet though, I need to get to my 2G back at my house to test everything first... Have you done it yet?

    Justin: Yeah, it's a chicken versus egg argument here indeed; and the thing about delaying the launch was just a hypothetical point, not something that would have ever been considered/talked about.
    Respect your elders.

  22. #60
    iPhone? More like MyPhone JustinPizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    212
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts

    Nice to see that thinks hve mellowed out

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •