Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question About ATT Pricing on 3GS

Default Question About ATT Pricing on 3GS
    Alright, I am a first generation iPhone user. I bought my iPhone around January of 2008 and started a contract with ATT - which puts me at about one year and five months into this contract. Basically what I am wanting to do is buy the new 16GB iPhone 3GS - but I want to be able to pay the $199 for it. The whole term of "upgrading/eligibility" is kind of confusing me so I was wondering if someone could just simply tell me, with the above knowledge of my account, will it be possible for me to be able to purchase the new 16GB for the $199 price? Even if it calls for me to renew my two year contract that is fine with me, I would just really like to get the iPhone at the $199 price.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

If you dial 611 on your phone they can tell you exactly what you are going to pay

iPhone? More like MyPhone sunshinejenn03's Avatar
    Thanks

You should be able to, yes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Loyalty's Avatar
    Thanks

I was told by a friend of mine at AT&T that those of us with the first gen iPhones SHOULD be eligible for the lower tier pricing.

If you started your contract in January 2008 then as you said, you haven't finished your contract. You won't be able to get the phone at $199 but they will give you the early discount upgrade price at $399 and a $18 upgrade fee. At least what AT&T told me
    Last edited by penance; 06-21-2009 at 11:42 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GrabYourWeapons's Avatar
    Thanks

Go to Apple.com and go to the store and act like you're purchasing a 3GS. Once you get so far into entering your information it'll tell you your price specifically.
    16GB iPhone 3G S⃣ White
    8GB iPhone 3G Black
    30GB iPod Classic

iPhone? More like MyPhone sunshinejenn03's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by penance View Post
    If you started your contract in January 2008 then as you said, you haven't finished your contract. You won't be able to get the phone at $199 but they will give you the early discount upgrade price at $399 and a $18 upgrade fee. At least what AT&T told me
    This isn't true. I bought my 3G in late September 2008 and AT&T let me upgrade at the standard 299 price for the 32gb 3GS. They released a statement on the 18th regarding this policy change for certain iPhone users. The OP most definitely would qualify for the best pricing. They also waived my upgrade fee, which was a pleasant surprise.