Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: How to get MMS Working (Guide)
07-01-2009, 03:41 PM #81
90% then I get the red exclamation point. Maybe I just have to wait for August when ATT allows MMS on 3GS
07-01-2009, 08:00 PM #82
This guide worked for me, thanks to phoenixfire425 for the MMS. The only thing i'd recommend, is to follow this guide first http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...-tutorial.html
After you've done this, google iphone ipcc 5.0 & install that via itunes 8.2. Once that is complete, you are ready to follow phoenix's "how to get MMS working" guide. Works 100% on my iphone 3G[S]. Thanks.
07-01-2009, 11:09 PM #83
after tryin diff ipcc files floatin around the net. I finally got mine to work.
07-02-2009, 11:32 PM #84
07-03-2009, 03:19 PM #85mms works on a 2g
I downloaded a ipcc file off some site I searched in google first. Then I called AT&T and said my internet is not working will you resend all ota's? She did and it still did not work. I told her I used to have this problem and a tech told me they fixed it by clearing the vlr. She did it no problem and I rebooted and MMS works perfectly now. This is what I did back with swirly awhile back and it still works today. Just letting everyone know what I did. Btw I have a 2g 8gb iphone, which isn't even supposed to have the capability!
07-06-2009, 03:07 AM #86
I have a 32GB IPhone 3GS and I have MMS working, and have tested both receiving and sending photos & videos. And yes, Visual Voicemail is working as well as Internet Tethering.
I called AT&T 2 times. The first time I asked them to change my text plan to a regular one so I can use my other AT&T phone and she said that it would disable my visual voicemail, and that if I wanted to switch back to the iphone, I'd have to call back and have them switch it over again.
The second time, I called and pretended my internet didn't work, like the post above me suggested. The lady laughed at me when I asked her to send Over the Air activations and when I asked her to clear or reset my VLR(Visitor Location Register), and she proceded to tell me I didn't know what I was talking about.
So anyways, here is how I got it working.
First, I loaded the ipcc file as per the directions previously stated in this thread. I input all the correct information (voicemail is acds.voicemail).
Then I did the following:
1. get another att phone that is MMS capable. (I borrowed my uncle's Nokia).
2. place sim in that phone. Make a call.
3. Log onto your att account (Online Account Manager) and change the device/phone to whatever phone you are using.
4. Now go to features and change the txt'ing plan from iphone txt to just regular txt (at whatever price point you want). DO NOT TOUCH THE DATA PLAN. (if no regular text option is there then do #5 and log back in)
5. Now log onto medianet on the phone (no charges as long as you have some data plan). It may take a few tries and some time but eventually it'll log in.
6. It may be a good idea to try and send an MMS on this phone until you get one that goes through.
7. In OLAM change the phone from whatever you have back to iphone. click ok and log off.
8. Put sim back in iphone and start her up.
Hopet his helps.
07-07-2009, 01:18 AM #87
07-07-2009, 06:43 PM #88
I'm running windows 7 and iTunes is only showing .ipsw files no .ipcc could it be because its 7 and not Vista or XP?
07-07-2009, 11:10 PM #89
I'll tell ya one weird thing...my carrier version says 4.0 now.
Either way, MMS is still working. I've sent multiple videos & photos today.
07-26-2009, 12:23 AM #90How many on 3GS are working?
How many with a 3GS have MMS working? It was working great with my 3G but my company bought me a 3GS, now I cant get MMS to work.. I have the IPCC file loaded and show the 5.0 profile on my phone.. Can someone post the network settings that are confirmed working?
07-28-2009, 04:06 PM #91
No need to do all the benm stuff: Simply do this: WINDOWS ONLY!!!
This works with the lates iTunes version:
1. Download the ipcc file from here: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
2. Once you have the ipcc file, then open up a command prompt and copy/paste
This code "CProgram Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
and hit enter. Note: the code starts at " and ends with 1
3. Now open up iTunes select your device; then hold shift and hit update.
4. Now navigate to the place you downloaded the ipcc file.
5. You'll have to hit the drop down box to select files of type...ipcc.
6. Once you selected the file, it will update your carrier settings to att 5.0.
7. Reboot your phone.
8. Now go see if you have the camera option in your text message app.
9. Now, if its there, then you did it right; then proceed...
10. Now take your SIM card out of your iPhone and put it in another ATT phone.
11. Once in the other phone, make a couple of phone calls, wait 3-5 mins.
12. Now go here: https://mymedianet.wireless.att.com/app/MC/Login.aspx
13. Now that your on the att media net site, enter your phone number and hit submit.
14. You should then be directed to another media net page where you'll be asked to enter a four digit code that was texted to your phone, if you get the error stating that your phone is not compatible or something similar to that, then make another phone call or two and repeat from step 12.
15. Now assuming that you received the 4 digit code on your att phone *not iphone*
Type the 4 digit code into the place available on the media net site.
16. Once you've entered the 4 digit code and submitted it on the site; send yourself a mms and make sure you receive it before going to the next step.
17. Now assuming you received the mms, which you should have; take your sim out of the att phone and put it in your iPhone.
18. Now reboot your phone and you should now, as I have, the ability to send and receive mms.
If after a few mms's you lose the ability to send/receive them; simply repeat steps 10-18. I had to do it once after the original time; but have been running flawless since.
Hope this helps!
I think in order for this to work, you'll have to have a NON IPHONE TEXT MESSAGING PLAN!!! I have the ATT Unlimited Family Text Messaging Plan. I tried this same method on my brothers phone 3GS and he has the iphone text messaging plan, it did not work. My son has a 3G on my plan, and this process worked for him as well.
Hope I've been able to help!
Last edited by ugshotgun; 07-28-2009 at 04:52 PM.Note 4 and iPhone 6 Plus: The best of both worlds!
07-29-2009, 11:28 PM #92
Yeah, didn't work for me. Not all that important, but I thought I would give it a go anyway.
07-30-2009, 02:29 AM #93
My MMS has been working since the 4th when I firt swapped SIM's and changed my text plan.
on another note, I tried doing the sim swap on my uncle's brand new IPhone 3G 8GB, and I could never access Medianet on the other AT&T using his SIM card. I called AT&T, and the representative tried everything humanly possible to get Medianet to work on the account, but the SIM card simply would not log on to Medianet. I kept getting the error "no server access"
Just curious if anyone else had experienced this? The SIM card from my 3GS never gave me any trouble...worked perfectly fine. The SIM card from his 3G was never able to even access Medianet. Needless to say, we never got MMS working on his phone.