Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Adding data plan

Default Adding data plan
    Well for about a month now I have been using my iphone 3G without a data plan, wi-fi only. I turned off all data on my line with AT&T before getting the iphone and after getting it I have changed the APN number so data cant be sent and received. Anyway now summer is coming and I am going to be at my camp and out on the water fishing a lot, so I wont be around wi-fi very often, but I do have good cell service. My question is what do you guys think will happen if I add the unlimited data to my plan for the next 4-5 months but then want to cancel after the summer?? Do you think I will still have the option to go online into my account and remove that feature?? Or will I have to switch to my old phone for a few days until they figure out I am not using an iphone any more and then remove the service from my account?? I guess no matter what I will be able to get rid of it, it will just depend on how difficult it will be.

Thanks for any input in advance

Kevin

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Yea when you get back the easier thing to do would be to tell them you dont have the iphone anymore and remove the data plan

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Yea when you get back the easier thing to do would be to tell them you dont have the iphone anymore and remove the data plan
    Solid suggestion, that should go well when they see his IMEI... -_-

Yeah though, you can add it for a few months over summer and then call AT&T up and say that you don't have the financial resources anymore for the Unlimited Data Plan and tell them to cancel and block all data to/from the phone. That should work.
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

If you don't call back from the iphone like he suggested. No doubt they will see he is using a iphone without data plan but they can do that now. So whats the difference?

Good luck getting them to let you run without a data plan and blocking all data to/from. A lot of people have asked for that and they say too bad.

AT&T reps are not the easiest to reason with.

Thanks

If you don't call back from the iphone like he suggested. No doubt they will see he is using a iphone without data plan but they can do that now. So whats the difference?
    wat.

The difference is data is legitimately blocked then and he FOR SURE won't be running up a huge bill by accident.

Good luck getting them to let you run without a data plan and blocking all data to/from. A lot of people have asked for that and they say too bad.
    Hence why you say "financial difficulties". I wouldn't have suggested it if I didn't know it worked, unlike others whom just post to post.
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

Great this again.

I am saying what is the difference between what he is doing now and having them remove the data plan while calling from an old phone later on? I understand your plan and I agree that it would be the best thing to do, if they are willing to do it. I have not heard of someone being able to achieve it but if you have great.

Thanks

Great this again.
    wat

I am saying what is the difference between what he is doing now and having them remove the data plan while calling from an old phone later on? I understand your plan and I agree that it would be the best thing to do, if they are willing to do it. I have not heard of someone being able to achieve it but if you have great.
    It's easier to simply do it legitimately instead of switching phones back and forth and "gaming" AT&T...?

Again, they will most likely do that for you.
    Last edited by ALL DAY; 04-24-2009 at 12:34 AM.
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

Good luck kmartel! Hope it all works out.