Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: at&t sim card question

Default at&t sim card question
    so my mom bought me a phone with at&t plan, the phone is an (Lg vu).

is it okay if i insert the sim card from the Lg vu to my iphone and use it? cause my mom said that the people where she got the phone and plan from told her to not do this or else they'd cut the phone service out, is this just some mambo jambo or its actually true? i wanna use the iphone instead of the Lg vu.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

you need to be on a iphone data plan or you may get charged by the kb

i believe you will also have to unlock the iphone, i could be mistaken though.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

If you do drop the sim into the iPhone you better jailbreak it and install Bossprefs so that you can turn the Edge/3G data service off. You can use it on wifi with no issues though. They will text message you saying that you have the wrong data plan for the phone and that you have to call them to fix the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by PepeRB29 View Post
    i believe you will also have to unlock the iphone, i could be mistaken though.
    You are quite mistaken. As long as it's an AT&T sim, it'll work in the phone without an unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    If you do drop the sim into the iPhone you better jailbreak it and install Bossprefs so that you can turn the Edge/3G data service off. You can use it on wifi with no issues though. They will text message you saying that you have the wrong data plan for the phone and that you have to call them to fix the issue.
    Even better idea for him/her would be to jailbreak and download APN Editing from Cydia and change the Cellular Data Network to gibberish that way you're not relying on an app to keep your data shut off.

If you have no eligible Cellular Data Network, you can't use it no matter what

iPhone? More like MyPhone catriple's Avatar
    Thanks

Short Answer: Yes, it will work with no unlock. You'll need it to be activated though first (obviously) The best way to block data is to call AT&T and ask them to disable data to your sim card. Its a very expensive line to walk going through boss prefs, etc. This way, if you call AT&T to block data, its their error if any data is transferred from their network and theyll have to credit your account.