Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone

well mine has gone off...again.... and just my luck the support office closed 40 minutes ago... great... looks like ill be switching back to the brick phone for the next 10-25 minutes. Will be calling tomorrow though

ugh, i got it working last night. but now all today mms won't work. i was so happy! DAMN UYOU AT&T! I JUST WANT TO SEND A PICTURE OF MY KITTY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    did you update your carrier settings file?
    Yeah I update the carrier file. I have had mine working for the last 4 months with no issues. First with SwirlyMMS and then when I updated to 3.0 Beta 1 it was still working and now with Beta 2 it quit. I have done the sim swap so many times I am tired of messing with it. I thought I would give instructions a try and both times when I called I got people that were either very helpfull and really tried or they were full of **** and just told me what I wanted to hear.

Oh, and I am trying the sim swap with my Tilt now and been using it for 15 minutes and no go yet

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

never mind just tried it on my wife's phone and you do not need to update your carrier settings

5. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (03-19-2010)

Whats odd is that I have always been able to put my sim in my tilt and get it to work until now. It still will not send or recieve either. Keep getting Forbidden message

OK GOT MMS WORKING!

I updated the guide, thanks dizz!
    No prob man, I'm glad you got it working! If you have any other iphones on your account they too should be working as long as your on the family text share plan.

Thanks

I had the guy make sure my wife's line had mms enabled. I have sent photos to and from the two phones

9. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

I tried my MMS this morning and it worked. I tried several times last night after calling and having everything enabled and couldnt get it to work. So, we'll see how long it last

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If you are on the MediaNET plan, be carful.

Last week AT&T created quite a ruckus for altering their ToS, but after the backlash they ultimately decided against it. Well, we may be looking at round 2 here.

This time a tipster has told TiPb that iPhone 3G owners in the Atlanta and Austin markets who are not currently provisioned with an iPhone 3G data plan will receive an SMS message advising them that an iPhone 3G rate plan will be added to their line of service. These customers will begin receiving SMS messages today and the plans will be provisioned on the evenings of April 8th and 9th. It appears that AT&T just tapped these two cities as a trial run, the rest of the country should start getting similar alerts on April 21st.

So what does all of this mean? There are a few possibilities, depending on your mobile situation:

* If you are using an iPhone 3G and you snuck in one of AT&T’s MediaNET data plans for $15 you will be forced on the $30 iPhone 3G data plan.
    * For those of you who share SIM cards between an iPhone and Blackberry while using a Blackberry data plan, well it may be a bit more troublesome. Since your BlackBerry requires a BlackBerry plan to work, you’ll need to make extra-double-sure you don’t get an alert and if you do, you will want to call up AT&T right away and explain that you’re a SIM-swapper and to leave your plan set to your BB plan — which will hopefully continue to work fine on an iPhone.
    * Lastly, with a PDA Unlimited data plan, expect minimal damage. It’s theoretically possible that MMS will not work since the iPhone currently does not support MMS, at least until AT&T flips the switch when iPhone OS 3.0 drops. So check that.

The upshot is this: if AT&T starts noticing that you’re using an iPhone 3G, they’re going to start enforcing their long-standing policy that you use an iPhone 3G plan. If you’re a regular SIM-swapper, you might be in for some hassles, depending on what your current plan is.

The thing that really rubs TiPb the wrong way is that the BlackBerry, PDA, and iPhone data plans all are $30. Why not allow us to change our devices as we see fit and keep it simple by one data plan to rule them all. BlackBerry users who try to switch their SIM to another device have long lived with the pain of not having a plan that easily works on non-BB phones. For now, iPhone plans do work fine on other devices.

So to all of the SIM swappers out there or for those of you who flew under the radar, how are you feeling about this? Isn’t part the point of having a GSM phone being able to swap the SIM with minimal hassle?

via TiPB

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine is still working 100%!

Thanks

Mine is still working great! I am on a iphone data plan also.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

nice nice. guess its my turn to try the iMMS lotto and call them up. =p

edit: on phone...enabling.... i hope

Edit:

ok so ¿taquisha? said she enabled it, and said it should be instant, but no go as working, how long did it take for ppls to kick in? or should i call back... ill probly call back anyways and see
    Last edited by zalos66; 04-08-2009 at 11:19 AM. Reason: phone, results

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If its enabled it should be instant but reboot your phone so it unregisters from the network and see what happens. I might try this on my drive home from work today.

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    If its enabled it should be instant but reboot your phone so it unregisters from the network and see what happens
    yea i did that multiple times, so im going to call again and see what they say. because it gets almost sent but then fails with the red ! everytime, pic, voice, att to att or att to verizon so calling again to see

edit:

called:

me: same developer bs
    her: do you have a manager from apple i can speak with because until we get written permission from apple we arnt allowed to activate that "provision",

oh yea hehe i guess i work for apple now...(looks around for guys in apple suits to take him away)

calling again....

seems like they are catching on mayb? they keep telling me they arnt allowed to and that even if they change it with the snooper program it does the sweep which will disable it. i told them if they enable media net and switch to a messaging bundle it wouldnt sounding all profesional haha but not working 5 calls in thus far....
    Last edited by zalos66; 04-08-2009 at 01:45 PM.

Thanks

Maybe try the night crew?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Maybe try the night crew?
    thats what im thinking but when do the lines close is it open till 5 or like 8?

Thanks

I called around 7 last night

22. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

i called last night at 9:40 and the machine said the close at nine. What would the night crew be for a 9-9 job? lol Im about call now and see what i can get done. Will update in a few. If it doesnt work then i guess i will try the "night" crew lol

Just called into ATT Level 2 and got it working! Be polite and explain your situation(your a developer and have instructions from apple....) Thanks!!!

Thanks

Awesome! Congrats!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast