Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445
Results 881 to 898 of 898

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone

  1. #881
    I just keep reading that is better and doable to upgrade to 3.1.2 with the 4.28 bb. I have wifi but no cell reception at all. Any idead on what I can do?

  2. #882
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Upgrade everything, start off with a clean 3.1.2, set up as a new iphone, then jailbreak and unlock with Blackra1n and Blacksn0w respectively. At this point, I don't think there is any reason to keep the old baseband.

    It may have been useful to keep the old baseband a week ago, but not in light of Blacksn0w.
    Last edited by twitchthecat; 11-05-2009 at 03:48 PM.

  3. #883
    Ok, if I upgrade to a clean 3.1.2 and then follow Blackra1n & Blacksn0w how do I back up all my applications so I can restore them?

    Hey guys I upgraded to 3.1.2. Now gmail's push doesn't work with this release or at least they are having problems with it. Yahoo's push works. Now I need to go back to 3.0.1 so my gmail push works. Any ideas?
    Last edited by jerry305; 11-05-2009 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. #884
    i upgraded to 3.1.2 but i lost my camera icon...i did the ssh..that didnt work ..i tried to update my carrier through shift and select ipcc ,,i get a error (-27) i tried mobile configuration,ive restored twice,,,im stuck on carrier 5.0

  5. #885
    Hey StealthBravo, forgive me if I'm wrong or overlooked something, but since your post on 10/15/09, I haven't seen an update from you confirming the Stealth 6.0 will work properly with 3.1.2.

    I have a 3GS on 3.1.2 with bb 5.11.07 that is jailbroken and unlocked (via blackra1n and blacksn0w). My device is working just fine, including the MMS. The only thing I'm curious about is tethering, which is not currently an option listed in my Network settings. Would your Stealth 6.0 give me this option, assuming it's compatible with my device? Also, would it give me anything else on my device, or would it take away anything from my device?

    Like I said, my device is basically working just fine, but I'd like to have tethering, if possible. I just want to know exactly what will and won't happen to my device if it's possible to obtain the tethering feature through your 6.0 ipcc. Thanks for your help, and keep up the great work!

  6. #886
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,477
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by playab0yyy View Post
    Hey StealthBravo, forgive me if I'm wrong or overlooked something, but since your post on 10/15/09, I haven't seen an update from you confirming the Stealth 6.0 will work properly with 3.1.2.

    I have a 3GS on 3.1.2 with bb 5.11.07 that is jailbroken and unlocked (via blackra1n and blacksn0w). My device is working just fine, including the MMS. The only thing I'm curious about is tethering, which is not currently an option listed in my Network settings. Would your Stealth 6.0 give me this option, assuming it's compatible with my device? Also, would it give me anything else on my device, or would it take away anything from my device?

    Like I said, my device is basically working just fine, but I'd like to have tethering, if possible. I just want to know exactly what will and won't happen to my device if it's possible to obtain the tethering feature through your 6.0 ipcc. Thanks for your help, and keep up the great work!

    6.0 works great with 3.1.2. If you install it you will get access to internet tethering and the cellular data settings tab. It will not take anything away. I am tethering right now

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

    GellBrake'rrrr (03-19-2010)

  8. #887
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iphone4idiots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Hey Stealth,

    I haven't been paying attention. I have no need to unlock so I used PwnageTool to goto 3.1.2. MMS is working great, but I don't have tethering. I'm on carrier 5.5 with firmware (that's baseband right) 04.26.08 - I've declined the iTunes carrier update even though I'm pretty sure it wouldn't effect anything.

    Soooooooooooooooo what is the best way to get tethering working again. Thanks in advanced again for your help
    I thought my carrier was bad til I got a new web host

  9. #888
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,477
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iphone4idiots View Post
    Hey Stealth,

    I haven't been paying attention. I have no need to unlock so I used PwnageTool to goto 3.1.2. MMS is working great, but I don't have tethering. I'm on carrier 5.5 with firmware (that's baseband right) 04.26.08 - I've declined the iTunes carrier update even though I'm pretty sure it wouldn't effect anything.

    Soooooooooooooooo what is the best way to get tethering working again. Thanks in advanced again for your help
    You need to have a patched commcenter. You can either jailbreak with blackra1n or you can patch it yourself here. There is a cydia source that does everything for you but its an unknown source and there have been people that have had problems after doing it.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

    GellBrake'rrrr (03-19-2010), iphone4idiots (11-13-2009)

  11. #889
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iphone4idiots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    I've never used Fugu before and in Step 5 I get the following error when I click Go

    Couldn't canonicalise: No such file or directory

    I have Remotely checked and the folder does exist. Any ideas? I'll try again tnite. Thanks for the help
    I thought my carrier was bad til I got a new web host

  12. #890
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    6.0 works great with 3.1.2. If you install it you will get access to internet tethering and the cellular data settings tab. It will not take anything away. I am tethering right now
    Great! Last question. Is there anything else I'll need to know going forward after installing 6.0? I mean, I know I need to keep up with the jailbreak status prior to updating to any new firmware, but like what if a new carrier update comes out next week? Wouold I need to decline it and stick with 6.0, or should I accept it (but would that make me lose tethering?), or what? Just trying to be extra careful. Thanks again!

    Quote Originally Posted by playab0yyy View Post
    Great! Last question. Is there anything else I'll need to know going forward after installing 6.0? I mean, I know I need to keep up with the jailbreak status prior to updating to any new firmware, but like what if a new carrier update comes out next week? Wouold I need to decline it and stick with 6.0, or should I accept it (but would that make me lose tethering?), or what? Just trying to be extra careful. Thanks again!
    **UPDATE: Well, I went ahead and tried it. Unforuntately, I had a problem. I had the stealth 6.0 file saved on my desktop as an .ipcc file. I opened iTunes 9.0.2.25 and after my device was detected, I held down shift and clicked on "Check for update". I then browsed for the file, however, the only search options available were for .ipsw file types. There was no way to change this or make the .ipcc file show up. I figured what the heck and tried changing the 6.0 file extension to a .ipsw. This worked and the file showed up. However, after clicking to open it, I then got an error from iTunes that states "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be updated because the firmware file is not compatible". What in the world did I do wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    6.0 works great with 3.1.2. If you install it you will get access to internet tethering and the cellular data settings tab. It will not take anything away. I am tethering right now

    Hey Stealth, please see my most recent reply when you have the chance. Thanks again.
    Last edited by playab0yyy; 11-13-2009 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  13. #891
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iphone4idiots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    You need to have a patched commcenter. You can either jailbreak with blackra1n or you can patch it yourself here. There is a cydia source that does everything for you but its an unknown source and there have been people that have had problems after doing it.
    OK, not sure what the problem was, but when I had an entire hour to look at this it worked like a charm. I'm tethering as we speak. Haven't tried on PC yet, but I would think I will be fine there as well. I followed the iclarified steps and then went to help.benm.at. Stealth you are a guru master

    My carrier is still 5.5 and Firmware is 04.26.08. Now when iTunes ask me to update my carrier settings I see no reason to do it so I won't, but in theory it shouldn't effect things right? OR it will upgrade my modem firmware and mess things up. Just a curious idiot.

    Thanks again
    I thought my carrier was bad til I got a new web host

  14. #892
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,477
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by playab0yyy View Post


    Hey Stealth, please see my most recent reply when you have the chance. Thanks again.
    You need to enable ipcc updating in iTunes. There is instructions in the first post on how to do it based on your operating system.

    Quote Originally Posted by iphone4idiots View Post

    My carrier is still 5.5 and Firmware is 04.26.08. Now when iTunes ask me to update my carrier settings I see no reason to do it so I won't, but in theory it shouldn't effect things right? OR it will upgrade my modem firmware and mess things up. Just a curious idiot.

    Thanks again

    There is no reason to update. The reason I set my carrier settings to 6.0 is to prevent iTunes from asking me to update all the time.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 11-14-2009 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

    GellBrake'rrrr (03-19-2010)

  16. #893
    What's Jailbreak? hfelsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I got an IPCC "update" file a while back, mine reads:

    AT&T SiNfuL iPhone 5.6

    I have full MMS, Tethering, etc. The ability to get to the data tab is available through Supreme Preferences.

    Any reason I should update to this 6.0, or...?

    I'm guessing the SiNfuL repo is the one referenced above as people having "problems" with it, eh? Never caused me any issues.

  17. #894
    Default Internet Tethering Vanished
    I've had my phone jailbroken (acidra1n) since purchase, and have had tethering functional since word go (and using it daily)...but I wanted MMS too. :-/

    I pushed the stealth carrier update, and rebooted etc. and everything looked good to go. MMS worked great, tethering was still displayed and visual voicemail was happy.

    However, today I fired up the internet tethering via bluetooth like I normally do...but it never got a DHCP address. So I went to reset everything and try again, but INTERNET TETHERING VANISHED. It is no longer listed under settings. I have rebooted twice since then, and nothing.

    Side note: I never actually *tried* the tethering...just checked that it was still listed in the settings.

    Version: 3GS 3.0 - 7A341
    Carrier: AT&T 6.0
    Model: MB717LL

    Any advice on how to recover tethering would be greatly appreciated.

    Ran the ipcc update again. All is fixed! Many thanks to StealthBravo!
    Last edited by f1d094; 11-25-2009 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  18. #895
    iPhone? More like MyPhone johnr9412's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    198
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

    Will AT&T charge you extra for tethering? Or are you safe as long as you stay under the 5gb limit

  19. #896
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iphone4idiots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Hey Stealth,

    I was wondering if there is a patch yet that fixes the commcenter. I was able to do it back in early November with your help, but two people asked me about it this week. I referred them to this thread, but if there is a source or easier way to enable tethering on 3.1.2 (PwnageTool or Blackra1n) I'd just point them there.

    Thanks as always
    I thought my carrier was bad til I got a new web host

  20. #897
    Green Apple spanky55amg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Big D - Dallas TX
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hfelsh View Post
    I got an IPCC "update" file a while back, mine reads:

    AT&T SiNfuL iPhone 5.6

    I have full MMS, Tethering, etc. The ability to get to the data tab is available through Supreme Preferences.

    Any reason I should update to this 6.0, or...?

    I'm guessing the SiNfuL repo is the one referenced above as people having "problems" with it, eh? Never caused me any issues.


    The problem with the sinful repo tethering is that it installs their mms also. When you mass text, it sends out everyones phone number. everyone can reply back. and you get everyones number on a mass text. I do NOT like this.

    Is there a way to patch the comm on a windows xp computer? that way i can have the stealth at&t and tether?

    I should say, i did put the 6.0 on and did not get tethering and not sure if i skipped a step. But before with just 3.0. I put that on and had tethering and mms. Now, it doesnt change anything except for what is in the "about" on the phone.
    Last edited by spanky55amg; 12-15-2009 at 02:00 AM.
    Without my sword, I can not protect you. With my sword, I can not embrace you.

  21. #898
    Has anyone got MMS successfully working now that AT&T blocks 2g phones IMEI?

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •