Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone

MMS is working great for me and I didn't have to do any sim card swapping or anything else. What I did was call at&t tier two support (1-(888)-892-9760) and telling them to enable mms on my account. I had to call 2 or 3 times till I had someone willing to help do it. I called and told them that I need mms enabled on my account and told them exactly what they need to do to enable it.

This is what they need to do to get it working
    Tell them to set you up with a messaging package that supports MMS (I have the unlimited family share messaging bundle). Then tell them to enable medianet. Then tell them that there's 2 separate places in the snooper application that they need to enable MMS. Make sure that they check off both boxes to enable them. Finally have them push OTA.

Now mind you I don't know what most of this crap means but I remember being told these steps by GQstatus in one of his older posts and it was working then. Since then I changed my number and I lost mms because my settings reverted after changing the number but after calling in and having them do what I said it's working again. Anyway I had this done on 3 separate phones last night each with separate accounts and all 3 are working flawlessly. Just make sure you remember don't stop calling until you find someone nice enough to help you, also if you get a female rep, sweet talk her a little. That's what I did and she ended up doing 3 separate accounts for me!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dizz For This Useful Post:

Adthakari (04-08-2009), flrdotcom (04-07-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

they did this for you last night?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (03-19-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    they did this for you last night?
    Yep, they sure did. I had to call like 3 times until I found someone willing to do it. MMS is working fine on all 3 phones now though.

Thanks

just got done talking with them and they gave me the thumbs down as usual. The problem I think is that i have tried so many times in the past week that they can probably see that.

Did you tell them you were a dev or about 3.0 or anything like that?
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 04-07-2009 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Some agents flip when you mention Snooper. They are like "What is Snooper" and you say its their system that manages plans and phones and they ask you how you know that.

Its a lot of effort. I had a friend call and say hes a developer and has 3.0 and needed it turned on and they did it right away.

Both methods tho do involve changing your iPhone plan to a non-iPhone plan which during a sweep will get you switched back.

Thanks

Finally found someone to do it but she said that it wont let her enable media net for some reason.

I was already on an unlimited family plan, she checked off both mms boxes, and did a ota push. I had mms working with the sim swapping i did this morning so we will see if this sticks. But i know that media net is crucial for mms.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 04-07-2009 at 03:00 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    Some agents flip when you mention Snooper. They are like "What is Snooper" and you say its their system that manages plans and phones and they ask you how you know that.

Its a lot of effort. I had a friend call and say hes a developer and has 3.0 and needed it turned on and they did it right away.

Both methods tho do involve changing your iPhone plan to a non-iPhone plan which during a sweep will get you switched back.
    I told them I was a developer right off the bat. I was very upfront with them. I'm enrolled in the beta so I have nothing to hide. Also when they set the phone the way I directed it will stay like that. My MMS stayed fine for over 4 months until I changed my phone number. Right after I changed my phone number I guess everything reverted. But when I called last night to have it re-enabled, the lady did it for me and it's been working ever since. The key is the call the number I gave and when you get to the options press one to speak about an existing ticket (even if you don't have one). Be very nice, and upfront with them. If you see the conversation isn't getting you anywhere, hang up and call again. That's the only advice I can give. I have 3 phones working now by simply doing what I mentioned in my previous post. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Finally found someone to do it but she said that it wont let her enable media net for some reason.
    She would first have to put you on a non iphone messaging plan. texting unlimited would be a good one.
    Last edited by Dizz; 04-07-2009 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dizz For This Useful Post:

barnettebw (05-31-2009)

Thanks

I was already on the family text unlimited and still no go. I think I will try again latter when the mms stops working

14. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

All of this work just to get MMS, AT&T can be truly annoying at times.

iPhone? More like MyPhone flrdotcom's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizz View Post
    MMS is working great for me and I didn't have to do any sim card swapping or anything else. What I did was call at&t tier two support (1-(888)-892-9760) and telling them to enable mms on my account. I had to call 2 or 3 times till I had someone willing to help do it. I called and told them that I need mms enabled on my account and told them exactly what they need to do to enable it.

This is what they need to do to get it working
    Tell them to set you up with a messaging package that supports MMS (I have the unlimited family share messaging bundle). Then tell them to enable medianet. Then tell them that there's 2 separate places in the snooper application that they need to enable MMS. Make sure that they check off both boxes to enable them. Finally have them push OTA.

Now mind you I don't know what most of this crap means but I remember being told these steps by GQstatus in one of his older posts and it was working then. Since then I changed my number and I lost mms because my settings reverted after changing the number but after calling in and having them do what I said it's working again. Anyway I had this done on 3 separate phones last night each with separate accounts and all 3 are working flawlessly. Just make sure you remember don't stop calling until you find someone nice enough to help you, also if you get a female rep, sweet talk her a little. That's what I did and she ended up doing 3 separate accounts for me!
    can this be done in the store branch or only over the phone?

oh and internet tethering with blue tooth works like a charm heres some results:

my laptop qosmio x305-701

Wifi: up .36Mb/s | down 4.86 Mb/s | ping 42
    tethering: up .25Mb/s | down .55Mb/s | ping 255

i wont be playing left 4 dead over tethering of course but internet pages load quite nice and aim is fine

Thanks

got bluetooth tethering working.

went to speakeasy.net for the speed test

my results: download @ 791 kbps (98.9 KB/sec) and upload @ 185 kbps (23.1 KB/sec)
    Last edited by flrdotcom; 04-07-2009 at 05:06 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

What I said:
    "Hi I'm a dev for the iPhone and I'm running the 3.0 Beta. I'm trying to get MMS to work can you help me by activating some things on my account?
    Her: "sure, well you already have the unlimited messaging plan let me just accept MMS to it"
    Me: Okay, there should be 2 seperate places you have to activate it... Can you resend the OTA?
    Her: Okay am doing now. (CAll then dropped because i guess she didn't know I was calling from the number lol)

Me: 'damn i waited 20 min and now it might not work'

MMS works!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to IvanPK For This Useful Post:

flrdotcom (04-07-2009)

Thanks

OK GOT MMS WORKING!

I updated the guide, thanks dizz!

After all the account verify conversation:

Me: Hi am a software developer for the iphone and I am running the new os 3.0. I need to have MMS enabled on my line, can you help me with that?

AT&T: Sure I can help you with this.

Me: I received a list of what needs to be done in snooper to allow this but I am sure you already have these instructions.

AT&T: No that is not necessary, I know exactly what needs to be done to allow MMS.

Me: Alright sounds good.

AT&T: Please boot off your phone.

Me: Alright

AT&T: Just give me a minute, I will enable MMS

Me: Alright

AT&T: Power your phone back up and send a test message.

Me: Ok, it sent it fine.

AT&T: Good, give me one moment to make sure everything went thru and mark your account as a developer so it will not get swept.

Me: Sounds great. Can we go ahead do the same thing with my wife's line?

AT&T: Absolutely

Me: Thanks

------------

MMS is working fine now!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

i wish it was that easy, the first time i got denied, called again and they noted my account saying i already got denied...this blows
    Last edited by flrdotcom; 04-07-2009 at 07:51 PM.

Thanks

I don't know how my wasnt noted as denied because I have called at least 12 times today. Every time with a different story. Guess I got lucky. I think saying that your a dev is the best way to go.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

geez, dayum you did get lucky. i never have luck with at&t with anything though haha but i just found this article AT&T Cracking Down - iPhone 3G Users Currently on Other Plans Be Warned | The iPhone Blog, its about cracking down on 3g users without a iphone plan, suppose to start tomorrow.

Thanks

Good read.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (03-19-2010), mikelarry (04-29-2009)

Well, I tried this twice tonight and both that I spoke with were willing to help and said they enabled everything and had me power off my phone and they sent the OTA and then powered back on and I still cannot send or recieve MMS. I dont know what else to do.

Thanks

did you update your carrier settings file?

31. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast